I have no idea what i'm doing yet, but i'm doing something!

More info coming soon! Very Happy
Hello Again!

I've decided on my holiday for CC:21... May 29th, my new favorite holiday...

Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day!

Quote:
The origins of Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day are unknown, but common wisdom is that the holiday gives a modern day twist to the old tradition of putting linens in the pantry to bring luck. Why doing so will bring luck is anyone's guess.

Here's a little screenshot of (Game Name Here):

I'm still figuring out how it's going to work (And ICE 2.0 Confused )

Stay Tuned!
I've never heard of that holiday before Razz That's cool though! I like the sprite you have of the fridge.

Have you figured out what the pillow is going to look like yet? What will make it a challenge to put the pillow on, and will it increase in difficulty do you think?
I like it! I also see your new logo! Nice!
Michael2_3B wrote:
I've never heard of that holiday before Razz That's cool though! I like the sprite you have of the fridge.

Have you figured out what the pillow is going to look like yet? What will make it a challenge to put the pillow on, and will it increase in difficulty do you think?

Thanks Michael! That's just one of the fridges you'll be able to play as Very Happy. I'm thinking the more you play the game, the more fridges you'll unlock (maybe they'll have special abilities???) The idea now is that the game will run similar to a "stacker" game, like the machines you see at arcades and malls. You'll have to stack on as many pillows as possible on top of the fridge, with the speed of the pillows increasing with every increment. A certain score may unlock a fridge.

This is all just ideas right now. I may change it in the future Smile .

jcgter777 wrote:
I like it! I also see your new logo! Nice!

Thanks jcgter! Smile
Now that voting has started, I guess i'll post that it's finished here...

OldNewTimer wrote:
In this game, you are a fridge attempting to
catch all of the pillows you can. If you lose more pillows than you gain, you melt. Try to get as many pillows
stuffed inside of you as possible!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p4QkymbblA39XdhF1vfuJtvXy7HcRKcz/view?usp=sharing

Here's a screenshot of the current state of the game:

As you can see, it's pretty simple right now. I planned to get more done before the contest ended, but I had a lot of things going on (including re-learning ICE Razz).

I don't plan to just drop this project and leave it as it it. I plan to:
-Make a better menu and overall GUI
-Improve Fridge/Pillow collision detection
-Make more than 1 pillow move on the screen at once
-Add hazards
-Add power-ups
-Add special fridge features/fridge shop
-Implement save game
-Improve/balance game point mechanics
That's all I have for now. Enjoy the game! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours