I wanted to say Happy Valentine's day to my family in an ICE program (chilly, right? Razz) I've already made tons of "cards" either in Basic or ICE, but now I feel I want to make a minigame. Any ideas? (This will be released when, and if I finish it.
(I also would need help making it, if it's one that's more complex Very Happy)

An idea is a bouncing heart screensaver with "Happy Valentine's Day" in the middle" Smile

WAIT... Alright. Kerm thinks that a Valentine's Day themed breakout would be nice, so I'm going to try!

Now, I really need help. It's easy to draw the sprites, but I have no earthly idea how to do anything else.

***jcgter777 begs for help
Do you have the paddle set up yet? If not, you should set it up first and make it so it moves on one axis by pressing [<] or [>], and shoots the ball to start by pressing [2nd]. Don't forget to design the ball to fit the theme, too! Maybe you should make a quick to-do list to keep track of everything.I remember when I was making a RPG written in ASM, it got scrapped because I never had time to work on it, but I did make a breakout minigame! If only I still had the code... Sad
Thanks!

My to do list:
Homescreen (Done, mostly)
Paddle
Heart shaped ball?
Different themed levels

My program is now called ValenBrkCE!
jcgter777 wrote:
Thanks!

My to do list:
Homescreen (Done, mostly)
Paddle
Heart shaped ball?
Different themed levels

My program is now called ValenBrkCE!

No problem! I could make a logo for it if you want me to. I've been doing them for a while.
I'll send it in a TI-Basic program.
I forgot to include an icon!! Stupid me Razz

EDIT: Whoops. I'm being stupid again. I forgot to say thank you to NoaxPrime! Here ya go:
Thanks NoaxPrime!
I need to make a paddle. I've used several types, but none are successful the way I want it to be. Any ideas?

The blocks will be made with individual sprites, but I have no idea how to erase them.

EDIT: SM84CE told me to use det(36/FillRectangle to erase. Now, I need to know how to tell when they're all erased, and points Razz

EDIT#2: Now SM84CE told me to see when they're gone. Now, to get into the actual making...
jcgter777 wrote:
EDIT: Whoops. I'm being stupid again. I forgot to say thank you to NoaxPrime!

Haha, that's okay. Very Happy

jcgter777 wrote:
I need to make a paddle. I've used several types, but none are successful the way I want it to be. Any ideas?

You could maybe try a simple white paddle with hearts on each side. That way it would be simplistic, but look nice. I don't know, just an idea. Smile
NoaxPrime wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:

You could maybe try a simple white paddle with hearts on each side. That way it would be simplistic, but look nice. I don't know, just an idea. Smile

I meant code for a paddle. I know I need to just make like a loop that gets resolved when you die, and in that loop, the placement of the sprite, and that arrow keys add/subtract the X value. I just need an example. All my loops have failed. Sad
Quick question, what language is this coded in? That could help me understand it a bit.

EDIT: I just noticed it in the first post. Whoops. Rolling Eyes
ICE!!!

Also, use a Repeat loop for the main 'death' condition

Code:
Repeat DEATH=1 //or condition=whatever
//stuff for moving the paddle
If KEY=LEFT
//move paddle left
//use a small FilledRectangle to cover the path
End
NoaxPrime wrote:
Quick question, what language is this coded in? That could help me understand it a bit.

The title maybe? Razz
ICE for the CE

EDIT: Since I got ninja'd by SM84CE (grrrrrr Razz), I have to say something else.
I do know to use a repeat loop. I mentioned the loop in the original.

Here's some code, whipped up:

Code:

//Whatever code I have for the homescreen and SM84CE's menu
DefineSprite(Whatever
3->LIVES
Repeat LIVES=0
Sprite(PTR, X, 230
End
Text("You died!", X, Y
jcgter777 wrote:
NoaxPrime wrote:

ICE for the CE

Of course, the only one I don't know yet. Sad Hmm...
NoaxPrime: ICE is pretty easy to learn. (We're both in the same grade, btw) You just need "Basic knowledge" Razz You probably know more Basic, so you'll be on your way in ICE!
jcgter777 wrote:
NoaxPrime: ICE is pretty easy to learn. (We're both in the same grade, btw) You just need "Basic knowledge" Razz You probably know more Basic, so you'll be on your way in ICE!

Okay, I'll try it out!

Wait, really?
NoaxPrime wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

Okay, I'll try it out!

Wait, really?

YES REALLY!! I'll help you for the sake of this program. (VD's my BD Razz)
I'll have to start on Wednesday because I'm getting off for today and tomorrow I won't have much time to work on it.
NoaxPrime: I gotta finish this before Wednesday Razz. I guess I'll need some other help! (To make it complete, I'll need more time, so you'll still be there in time Very Happy)

I'm really bad at making sprites using SpriteMaker by CalcMeister, mainly because I don't really know how many pixels I'll need. After, it turns out really bad. I need to make the sprite/find an image, and convert it using ConvPNG.
It's too late to make this for Valentine's Day, but I'll still continue this. I've made the sprite for the paddle, but I haven't had time to make the paddle movement. I've started it, but it's not done.
I've gotten the paddle to move, but it keeps leaving a line where it moves. I tried adding a ClrHome to the loop, but that made it extremely slow. How do I fix that?
Because ClrHome is actually slow. Razz you might erase it with FillScreen(255) though, that is much faster.
I wanted to keep the title in the top for now. There's no other way?

EDIT: I used det(5, 255, and now I can't see the sprite.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours