I basically finished the converter, it's a lot nicer than my old one in every way. The code is a lot neater, and it has many more functions. It will warn you if you're converting an image that probably wont fit on the calculator without resizing it. It can also log events and tell you what went wrong if conversion failed. Most importantly: it now cleans up after itself! It does this by deleting the dozens of unnecessary files convpng creates, then it stores all the converted appvars in a named folder!

Just for fun, I gave the program a 300MB picture to convert. It actually converted the image into 26,000 files and successfully cleaned up the useless ones!

This took quite a long time to implement due to my program not being authorized to create or modify images in some directories, even if they're directories the program itself made. Rolling Eyes

I have the code up on github here: https://github.com/TheLastMillennial/HDPictureViewerConverter2 I didn't include convpng if you download the project yet so you can't really use it right now. I also haven't bothered to create a readme yet since there isn't anything that can utilize this converter. I'll get to including those soon though!

So the easy part is done now. Now I need to get cracking at C.
Well, it's a start full of bugs, debugs, and an absent palette! Laughing

Yeah it looks pretty ugly now because the wrong palette is being used. These were the images it was trying to display:

It's the first time I got my program to display any image at all so I'm pretty excited! There's lots more I have to fix, add, and refine but I'm happy it's coming together mostly smoothly!

EDIT:
Heck yeah, I fixed it! Rendering is a bit slow right now but I'm sure I can speed that up significantly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 8 of 8
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours