Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Oh my, well done Luxray! I'm not quite ready to test out your software yet but I'm excited for it! I'll have to look into ImageMagic, perhaps it can make my life easier with adding more file compatibility and splitting. I'm very impressed with what you've done and thank you for creating something I've been painfully slow at developing!
I did stuff today!

As you can see, there's still some bugs but at least it doesn't crash! This is what I've gotten done in this update
    fixed C# code so the fixed color in the index is white
    fixed ICE code so the correct palette is loaded (most of the time)
    made thumbnails twice as big
    added thumbnail preview
    added more buttons to scroll through images

I'll get the Github code updated soon
Beta 3 has been released! Snatch it here!

I fixed the bugs present in the previous screenshot and added support for more than 16 images. I (finally) included the computer converter! All you have to do is resize the image, make it a PNG and the converter will take care of the rest! With a fully cleared calc, you can fit up to 30 images on it!

Next I want to add double buffering and sorting images alphabetically then that'll be the full release!
It took all day, but I managed to make a full tutorial. It's not my best video, the audio is a worse than I expected and the screen capture frame rate is atrocious, but oh well, it's has everything you need to learn how to use the software. I'll have to create a proper thumbnail tomorrow, it's getting late here. I've added the video to my first post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-g8oSueQg
First of all, I want to say that this program works really well!

Second of all, I have a bug report/suggestion: The converter program should warn you if you attempt to convert a file that starts with a number, as it results in a wonky AppVar that doesn't work (I'm pretty sure this is because AppVars cannot start with a number). Currently what it does is convert the image, but when you try to send it with TI-Connect CE it says the name on calc is 1 (or whatever number was the first character of the .png image) and it doesn't send properly.

Again though, this is a really nice program, and it looks really good on calc Smile.
Jeffitus wrote:
First of all, I want to say that this program works really well!

Second of all, I have a bug report/suggestion: The converter program should warn you if you attempt to convert a file that starts with a number, as it results in a wonky AppVar that doesn't work (I'm pretty sure this is because AppVars cannot start with a number). Currently what it does is convert the image, but when you try to send it with TI-Connect CE it says the name on calc is 1 (or whatever number was the first character of the .png image) and it doesn't send properly.

Again though, this is a really nice program, and it looks really good on calc Smile.

Thank you! That's a nice catch, I'll add it to my list of issues.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 7 of 7
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours