Criss Angel Mindfreak airs on A&E Wednesdays at 10PM. Criss Angel is a magician/illusionists who performs fantastic stunts and illusions that are beyond belief. He does little stuff on his show like guess your cards, making cards appear from nowhere, making coins vanish, pulling birds out of things, and many other little things that almost all magicians do. He also does many other things. Some things could be considered unnatural by most people. You would have to see it to believe it. The best thing about Criss Angel is that he does all his stuff surrounded by people and cameras to show people that this is the real deal. It's his guarantee that he isn't cheating or tricking people or anything like that. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, but if you can't wait until next Wednesday, I'll tell you what he does that makes him famous. This show is incredible and a must see.
Meh, those people are part of the show; I'd have to see it live to believe that it's not modified in any way. Other of his stuff seems incredibly obvious to me. Heh, don't listen to you, I'm just a cynic / skeptic.
true, anything that isn't in person is hard to believe anymore, unless it is on 35mm film.
Exactly. And even that could be faked; someone could modify and image and then light-print it onto 35mm film.
He frequents the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood Hotel in Las Vegas and apparently lives in NY from what I've seen on TV. If you want to see his shows live, you have to go to Las Vegas. I would love to see it in person.
I have seen a special done by Discovery I think it was, I think the show was called Man of Magic and mystery or something, I dont really remember.

Anyways, they just had a camera person walking around filming, and he went to a store, bought a deck of cards, and then got one of the cashiers there to "help" with some of his stuff. (They even had the manager come out to watch) He opened the cards, had the guy pick one, and then bend it in half, so it would have a crease in the middle. The guy put it back in the lower part of the deck, and Criss tapped the top of the deck 2 or 3 times, and suddenly, the card that was folded was at the top! He did that three or four times.

Then the next trick he did involved the change he got back for buying the cards. (He never put anything in pockets, it all stayed on the counter) He bit right through one of the quarters! He showed all sides of it to prove that it was missing and then blew on the quarter and it was whole. I thought that was impressive.

Later he went out on the strip, and got 4 people that was roughly 5 feet tall, someone that should be on a basketball team, and a 9 year old kid. He had the ~5' tall people suround him, backs to him, and arms facing out. He then started floating straight up. The kid slipped in between two of the people's legs, and moved his hands under neath Criss, and the ~6' guy put his hands over Criss. Criss was floating about 6 inches off the ground. Wink

So, no, I don't think it is fake. I think that the body and mind has a lot of potential for things that most people automatically deem as impossible, when it might actually be possible...
It's probably not fake per se, but it's certainly not "magic" imho. I think he's just a skilled showman.
Extremely skilled. He makes the illusions so real. I guess he's an illusionist, but everyone associates illusions with magic. That's why I said magician... I bet it would be really cool to see his illusions in person.
Indeed. From a scientific point of view, I'd like to know how he does the tricks that I haven't figured out yet.
Its all fake, its all an illusion. Just like the one where he is "sawed" in half. Extremely impressive illusions, but illusions none the less
Kllrnohj wrote:
Its all fake, its all an illusion. Just like the one where he is "sawed" in half. Extremely impressive illusions, but illusions none the less
Of course it's fake. That's what I was trying to say above in my three posts.
Well, the floating ones I've heard that all he does is face so people see his side and then lifts the foot closest to them off the ground. I don't know if he's changes the way he does it now since someone figured it out, but that's what people say he did at first.
kirb wrote:
Well, the floating ones I've heard that all he does is face so people see his side and then lifts the foot closest to them off the ground. I don't know if he's changes the way he does it now since someone figured it out, but that's what people say he did at first.
Yeah, everyone knows that trick (I think). I was doing that in 9th grade; it tends to work well when you wear size 14s. Smile
Another way to do that trick is to have a slit in your pant leg in the crease. Then, while people are watching from behind, you step up onto a ledge in front of you by slipping your leg out of the slit.
Ah, sneaky. That sounds like an even harder-to-notice version of the trick.
As long as no one's watching from the side. Laughing
That's what separates Criss from all the other riff raff like David Blaine. He has people looking on from all sides. Yesterday, when he was cut in half, he had people look on from all sides and allowed people to look where he was cut. The other time, when he was walking on water, people were all around him in the pool and a woman even swam under his feet.
I don't see how people can believe that bull[...] unless they're actually there, and unless enough people can say and prove with enough scientific logic that it actually happened.
something1990 wrote:
That's what separates Criss from all the other riff raff like David Blaine. He has people looking on from all sides. Yesterday, when he was cut in half, he had people look on from all sides and allowed people to look where he was cut. The other time, when he was walking on water, people were all around him in the pool and a woman even swam under his feet.
Your'e right. He must have actually been cut in half. There was no deciept or trickery involved.
something1990 wrote:
Erm, hello, plexiglass sheet across the pool!?! If there was any visible effect from the plexi, it could have been digitally removed later. Unless you've seen his tricks firsthand, I can't stress enough how probable it is that the audience are all shills (or if you prefer, good actors and actresses).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours