I haven't used lists in ICE since the asm version, and they are quite different. When I use this code:

Code:
iTEST
ClrHome
CopyData(L1,3,0,1,2
Disp L1(0
Pause

The output is 0. Which is what it is supposed to be, but since ICE lists can only be 2000 bytes now, I can't use 3 byte values. I want to use 1 byte. So I used this code:

Code:
iTEST
ClrHome
CopyData(L1,1,0,1,2
Disp L1(0
Pause

The output is 131328. What am I doing wrong? I have the latest version of ICE as of the time of posting.
L1(0) takes 3 bytes. Use *{L1} instead. L1(0) returns 2 as the upper byte, 1 as the middle byte and 0 as the lower byte, i.e. $020100 which is indeed 131328.
Thank you! What about if I want to store a variable into a list. So if I have CAT set to 3, how would I store CAT in L1? The Copy and CopyData return a syntax error command when compiling.

This is along the lines of what I've tried:

Code:
CopyData(L1,3,CAT
Pretty sure it would be something like:

Code:
CAT->L1(0

Or if you want to use the copy:

Code:
CopyData(L1,3,<degree symbol>CAT

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours