Would it be allright if I sold premade TICI stuff?
Who would you sell it to? There's almost no one left on the TI calc hardware dev scene.
If you have geeky friends you could probably give it to them, but you probably wouldn't want to charge them.
I would sell them because they cost money to get supplies and I would charge $5 to make them.
*equipment Wink

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/equipment
I PMed netham a response, saying it would be fine as long as I got a small percentage royalty for the name, plans, hosting, etc.
ROFL! Yeah right, I would give you crap if I was selling these.
Erm, I hold intellectual property rights to them... I can legally require that the right to sell be licensed from me for a specified tiny percentage, like 3 or 5% of the total cost.
Actually, you *can't* as I agreed to no EULA nor is a licence included, meaning you can't do anything, even if someone blatantly steals it from you and claims it as their own (not that anyone WOULD do something like that, just saying that they COULD)
Quick Kerm, to the patents office! Razz
Chipmaster wrote:
Quick Kerm, to the patents office! Razz
Meh, too lazy. It's not really something that revolutionary. As a matter of fact, on second thought, perhaps the publicity for DCS from it would be enough.
Quote:
Erm, I hold intellectual property rights to them... I can legally require that the right to sell be licensed from me for a specified tiny percentage, like 3 or 5% of the total cost.

Except netham is a minor, so you wouldn't get far trying to sue him for infringing on intellectual property rights Razz

Quote:
Actually, you *can't* as I agreed to no EULA nor is a licence included, meaning you can't do anything, even if someone blatantly steals it from you and claims it as their own (not that anyone WOULD do something like that, just saying that they COULD)

But his documents are copyrighted, which is good enough to keep people from trying to steal his stuff.
Indeed, and I only lose that if I try to sell it myself if I understand the law correctly.
To paraphrase some quote I read somewhere: God created the entire universe, and even he cannot find one ounce of sense in copyright law. --Mark Twain(?)
Mark Twain was quite an intelligent man imho. Spot on for that one. Smile
My idea of how ownership works:

Code:
- /                         [Owner: God]    [Group: Universe]
  |- home                   [Owner: God]    [Group: Universe]
     |- Aaron               [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |+ thoughts         [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |+ ideas            [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |- creations        [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |  |- art           [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |  |  |- 8x6.dat    [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |  |  |- eagle.dat  [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |+ gendata          [Owner: God]  [Group: Universe]
     |+ Adam                [Owner: Adam]   [Group: Universe]
     |+ Alex                [Owner: Alax]   [Group: Universe]
Kllrnohj wrote:
ROFL! Yeah right, I would give you crap if I was selling these.

That is why I define you as an as* and me as a nice person. I said I would give him 10% too.

pyro_xp2k wrote:
My idea of how ownership works:

Code:
- /                         [Owner: God]    [Group: Universe]
  |- home                   [Owner: God]    [Group: Universe]
     |- Aaron               [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |+ thoughts         [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |+ ideas            [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |- creations        [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |  |- art           [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |  |  |- 8x6.dat    [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |  |  |- eagle.dat  [Owner: Aaron]  [Group: Universe]
     |  |+ gendata          [Owner: God]  [Group: Universe]
     |+ Adam                [Owner: Adam]   [Group: Universe]
     |+ Alex                [Owner: Alax]   [Group: Universe]

Except for those few atheists(for which I am one)
Thank you, Netham. Smile I might decide to forgo my 10%; we'll see. For now lemme get the whole TICI system working in DCS.
netham45 wrote:
That is why I define you as an as* and me as a nice person. I said I would give him 10% too.

As I am a firm believer in GNU and copyleft, I would argue that kerm is the as* for asking for royalties Smile Especially since somewhere on this site there is (or was) a statement saying everything Kerm had released was released under the GNU GPL Wink (not sure if Kerm removed that after I pointed that out or not, but it definitely was in effect when the TICI stuff was posted)
Of course I removed that. It was a technicality of a page I posted like two years ago and never bothered updating. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours