I know this doesn't compare to the other projects in this forum, but this is my first project

It didn't take long to make but I'm proud of myself.
Any suggestions or criticism is welcome.

The game is named Asteroid, and the objective is to prevent the asteroids from reaching the end of the screen. The first variable set (W) is the speed of the asteroid, feel free to change it but if it isn't a factor of 150 the game might crash when the asteroid reaches the end of the screen.

A gif of gameplay from SourceCoder:

The end screen:

You can change the player and asteroid sprite by changing Str1 and Str2 at the beginning of the program.
The three arrows in the top left are the lives you have left and the number in the top right is your score.
The gif looks choppy but it runs smoothly. I think it looks choppy because of compression from imgbb, if you zoom in sometimes only 1/4 or 3/4 of a pixel is loaded.
v1.0 You can download it here or just look at it here

v1.1 You can download it here (once admins accept the archive upload) or just look at it here
You should upload your game to the Cemetech Archives Smile
https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/upload
A neat first project, and welcome to the community!
Here is the archive link: http://ceme.tech/DL2340
Congratulations on the release! Looks like a pretty slick first project.

I do wonder what would happen if the user was to get a very high score, though--looks like there wouldn't be enough space on the right of the screen to accommodate that? I might move the score to the top-left and the lives to the top-right for that reason.
epsilon5 wrote:
Congratulations on the release! Looks like a pretty slick first project.

I do wonder what would happen if the user was to get a very high score, though--looks like there wouldn't be enough space on the right of the screen to accommodate that? I might move the score to the top-left and the lives to the top-right for that reason.

I will make an updated version with this changed. Thank you for pointing that out! (:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours