This is my program:
https://pastebin.com/Tu9DcqMJ

There is a HUGE problem and I don't know why it's occuring. For some reason, when the player selects the "Overwrite Option" in the "Write program already exists" menu (Lbl OW), it overloads the Y-Vars with lots of strings of data which in the long-run, crashes the entire calculator and can even temporarily corrupt the OS or disable it from turning on (Until the battery is taken out and put back in). PLEASE help! :/
I won't paste the "how to ask questions the right way" link here, but please come up with a minimum working example (ie, as few lines as code as possible) that cause the problem to occur, and we can work from there.
Here, starting at line 77,

Code:
If Str9≠"..P:NT:FN":Menu(Str2+" ALREADY EXISTS","CANCEL",CA,"ADD ON",CO,"OVERWRITE",OW
Lbl OW
det(6
Lbl CO
If Str9≠"..P:NT:FN":Then
1:det(2
End

The bug appears after the user chooses the "Overwrite" option.
What's happening is that it's reading the first line of the WRITE program. If it doesn't exist, it continues. If it does, it prompts you with that. (The read command is before where I copied the code so yeah...)
I know that you may not know what we mean by "minimum working example", but you should not use any code from your program to describe the issue Wink
So, testing the program itself on jsTIfied, it didn't happen. Can someone with a CSE test it so I know that this is a universal issue?
Mateo: I don't agree completely with that statement; I think a better phrasing should be that anything else in the program that doesn't directly cause the bug should be removed. But the direct cause of the bug (probably just the det(6) here) should remain.
mets11rap wrote:
So, testing the program itself on jsTIfied, it didn't happen. Can someone with a CSE test it so I know that this is a universal issue?
Off the top of my head, that sort-of-MWE (Minimum Working Example) doesn't appear to actually provide the required string arguments to det(6), which makes me worry that you're not providing them in the real program either.
KermMartian wrote:
Mateo: I don't agree completely with that statement; I think a better phrasing should be that anything else in the program that doesn't directly cause the bug should be removed. But the direct cause of the bug (probably just the det(6) here) should remain.
mets11rap wrote:
Off the top of my head, that sort-of-MWE (Minimum Working Example) doesn't appear to actually provide the required string arguments to det(6), which makes me worry that you're not providing them in the real program either.

I am. Check the pastebin.
Bump: I really need someone with a CSE (itself no ROM) to test my program to see if this problem is universal. Please.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/14v89fk42op709p/BCONVERT.8xp?dl=0
After testing with PT_, we found out it's a problem with my calculator and not universal. SuperBASIC will be returning after some other work is done on it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours