I ran this program. Then, I exited it, then pressed CLEAR, and I got an "ERROR: LINK", and when I pressed ENTER, the screen displayed a bunch of random characters, and then when I pressed CLEAR, it said, "ERROR: LINK", and when I pressed CLEAR again, the random characters were displayed, and so on...so I pressed ON at one point, and it turned off my calculator, and now I can't turn it back on...time to mess with the batteries....
Which version were you using? I just tested this on Doors CS 5.6 Beta 2 and was unable to replicate the bug.
I'm using DoorsCS 5.6 Beta 2. I'll try to make it happen on TiLem, and take a screenshot.

EDIT: I tried it on TILem with a TI-83+, but it wouldn't work. But I tried it multiple times on my TI-84+ Silver Edition, and the same thing happenned. Hmmm...maybe I need to try it with a TI-84+ Silver Edition ROM, although I'd think the same thing would happen on a TI-83+. Maybe it's just TILem that isn't letting it happen...hmmm....
bfr wrote:
I'm using DoorsCS 5.6 Beta 2. I'll try to make it happen on TiLem, and take a screenshot.

EDIT: I tried it on TILem with a TI-83+, but it wouldn't work. But I tried it multiple times on my TI-84+ Silver Edition, and the same thing happenned. Hmmm...maybe I need to try it with a TI-84+ Silver Edition ROM, although I'd think the same thing would happen on a TI-83+. Maybe it's just TILem that isn't letting it happen...hmmm....
I was testing it on an 83+, and didn't get the error. Perhaps I should run it through an 84 and see what happens. *sigh* I'll have to find a way to extract a ROM from my broken 84.
Kerm, use a screenshot program that goes through your calc to help get said ROM (like TI's for example).
I usually use Rom8x to extract my ROMs. Smile It's reliable, and just needs a 16K appvar from the calc to patch a .8xu into a .rom.
yeah, but you have no screen, right, so plug in your calc, and you should be able to take screenshots of each click you make so you know you run the correct program
rivereye wrote:
yeah, but you have no screen, right, so plug in your calc, and you should be able to take screenshots of each click you make so you know you run the correct program
Ah, that's a good point. And it's actually only the right half of the screen that's nonfunctional.
oh, then you should still be able to do it without the screen shooting really.
Theory: The Link bug never happens to me unless I run a Ion/Mirage program. In fact, I only have 3 that do not cause it:
Paper Plane
Avalanche
Quad Player
Excellent, excellent. Now, I need to compare the source code of those programs with that of some of the ones that cause the error. Could you post the names of some of those?
Dogde2m, Ztetris, Calcmod, Ftun, Lotus, Alcdfix, Crates3d, Mars Patrol, Falldown, Duckhunt, Dancer3, UFO attack, Icon Editor for MOS, Arcade Mario, Solytare, Pacman99.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours