I finally got around to learning ICE! Yay!
I'll be posting my issues and successes with ICE here.

Currently I'm working on learning how to make and use sprites, so I'm recreating the YouTube UI. I'm having issues with the size of my sprites right now. Currently SC doesn't like that I have 10,007 characters on one line, and ICE.exe doesn't like DefineSprite( for some reason.
My code can be viewed here.

Progress can ve viewed here:

ICE.exe returns:

Code:
ICE Compiler v2.0 - By Peter "PT_" Tillema
Prescanning...
Compiling program YOUTUBE.8xp...
This token/function is not implemented (yet)
Error at line 4

//line 4 has DefineSprite( on it
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I finally got around to learning ICE! Yay!
I'll be posting my issues and successes with ICE here.

Currently I'm working on learning how to make and use sprites, so I'm recreating the YouTube UI. I'm having issues with the size of my sprites right now. Currently SC doesn't like that I have 10,007 characters on one line, and ICE.exe doesn't like DefineSprite( for some reason.
My code can be viewed here.

Progress can ve viewed here:

ICE.exe returns:

Code:
ICE Compiler v2.0 - By Peter "PT_" Tillema
Prescanning...
Compiling program YOUTUBE.8xp...
This token/function is not implemented (yet)
Error at line 4

//line 4 has DefineSprite( on it

That looks amazing!
Looks cool! That DefineSprite( bug should be fixed in the next version Razz I'm only not sure what the purpose of this program is. Only for you to learn ICE, or do you want to make this a real program (with CalcNET or something like that? Wink )?
I'm glad it's getting fixed!
This program is mostly for me to learn ICE and it's limitations.
If I really get into this, I may make the search bar pull up stored programs: with their icons as the thumbnail, the title in the title section, and (If it's there) extra info about the program where the video author would be.
When gcn gets ported to the CE and when I learn C (or when ICE includes easy communication with gcn) I may try to actually include video support. But that very ambitious, very far in the future thinking. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours