Hey guys!

I made a really sweet bouncy ball simulator program, and you can download it here.

I had a lot of help from JWinslow23, who slimmed down the program nearly 12.5% (Which doesn't seem like much, but it was quite a bit of clever programming.)

You can add velocity to the bouncy ball with the arrow keys, and quit with [del]. Enjoy!
Cool! You could make it so that you had to avoid certain things like spikes, and collect coins, etc.
Been there; done that: Adventures of Jetman
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

CSE Please!!! Oh, it works on the CSE. And, well, sorry, but it wasn't really made well... There are a lot of faults.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

That doesn't work for me. I can't move left/right, and in Wonky Gravity, it gives an error when sending, and when I open it in the program editor and send it, it goes through, but I can't move at all.
I really like this, it's pretty neat! Do you have a commented version? I'd like to learn what everything does.

jcgter777 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

That doesn't work for me. I can't move left/right, and in Wonky Gravity, it gives an error when sending, and when I open it in the program editor and send it, it goes through, but I can't move at all.

0x5, do you even calculator? Razz
Have you tried swapping from Radians to Degrees? I don't know if that'll help with this program, but it has for others.
Also which error did TI Connect CE give you?
Have you tried looking at
Ok, I tried it out, and I REALLY LOVE this program! You have got to add some more interactivity! Such as changing the ball color, rotating the box, adding obstacles, water maybe?, etc. This has a lot of potential! And I agree with Mill, I'd LOVE a commented version. Also, in the credits, you didn't mention JWin.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I really like this, it's pretty neat! Do you have a commented version? I'd like to learn what everything does.

jcgter777 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Have you tried swapping from Radians to Degrees? I don't know if that'll help with this program, but it has for others.

I've switched Radians and Degrees and other things as well. I think that if it were needed, it'd be in the code. No calculators errors were there. There were just problems with the program behavior.

Also, _iPhoenix_, I think an avoid obstacles and collect the coins game is different from AOJ.
jcgter777 wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

I've switched Radians and Degrees and other things as well. I think that if it were needed, it'd be in the code. No calculators errors were there. There were just problems with the program behavior.

Also, _iPhoenix_, I think an avoid obstacles and collect the coins game is different from AOJ.

Well, for one, you're on Mac.
Two, make sure you're not in a shell and are on the homescreen.
https://i.imgur.com/OG4b1MH.png
"00000000000000000000000220000000000000222200000000000202222000000000202222220000000022222222000000000222222ED0000000002222EDDD00009990022EDDDDD00001900DEDDDDDD000109000DDDDDDD0010000000DDDDD000100000000000000010000000000000000100000000000000080000000000000
I'll just uh... leave this here.
Oh boy, PAGING @KermMartian! FIX UR SITE!

/me hides
Or even better...

Also, cool program _iPhoenix_! Do you intend to make an entire game out of this? What is the acceleration parameter of the ball if left alone?
Or EVEN better...

https://i.imgur.com/a9QEfqr.png
The velocity of the ball eventually becomes zero, because simple math.

(I don’t really intend to make it a game, yet at least. I tried adding user-drawn ramps and slopes, but the code got insanely large and messy)

AoJ works for me, a Mac user, running OS 5.2 on his TI-84+CE graphing calculator. Make sure the ONLY thing you are sending to the calculator is the .8xp file.

I do have a commented version of BBS, but it’s like 2kb. (It’s pre-optimization)

It also lets you change things like gravity, bounce height, air resistance, and more.
I’ll upload it today or tomorrow; I’m currently busy. :/
Edit: did AoJ work? If it didn’t, please send me some form of video showing me what you are doing, and I might be able to help you more.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Edit: did AoJ work? If it didn’t, please send me some form of video showing me what you are doing, and I might be able to help you more.

They both have some sort of error. I can't make a video, but all that happens in v1 is that I can't move left or right. In v2, I can't move at all. ALso when sending v2 to my calc, TI-Connect CE doesn't recognize it as a calculator file. I can open it in the program editor, but just not in the Clac Explorer Workspace.

mets11rap wrote:

Well, for one, you're on Mac.
Two, make sure you're not in a shell and are on the homescreen.

I never am when sending programs. Also, if you're in a program, it'll say that your calc is busy, and if it's in a shell, it won't pick up the calculator at all.

I have OS 5.3 for both Calc OS and TI-Connect Version.
Hmm.

I see the cause of the glitch, I'll fix it ASAP.

EDIT: For now, type the following onto the screen:

Code:
SetUpEditor JTCTL:{1,0→JTCTL

It should work, now. This fix works on the current version of AoJ.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Hmm.

Cool! BTW, what's the cause?
jcgter777 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Hmm.

Cool! BTW, what's the cause?

Incompetence, mainly.

I removed code that I thought was unnecessary, but it turns out it was COMPLETELY necessary, but it still worked on my calc, because it was initialization stuff that had already run on my calc.
Feature stuff/ "bugs"

(Archives Version)
Graphscreen -- make it a fully white screen before running and restore it after
BackgroundOn BLACK with Blue or Yellow or White lines would be cool

Other than that, COOL!!
SM84CE wrote:
Feature stuff/ "bugs"

(Archives Version)
Graphscreen -- make it a fully white screen before running and restore it after
BackgroundOn BLACK with Blue or Yellow or White lines would be cool

Other than that, COOL!!

I'm trying to keep it low on bytage, so I'm going to reject this suggestion on those grounds.
I think that it's satisfying to try to completely erase the axes. It took me a while, but it was fun.

Can a program detect if the axes within the rectangle have been erased? I think not, but there might be something I don't know. If it can, you might want to make that a theme, but it might seem a little stupid to you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours