mr womp womp wrote:
mets11rap wrote:
Dunno if this is possible but
Replace(Str5,"HI","BYE"
Ans will be Str5 but with every instance of "HI" turned into "BYE"

I think it would definitely be a good idea, but if it'sworth implementing, then it's worth implementing right, so I would add more parameters like the VBS Replace command.

Code:
Replace(string,find,replacewith[,start[,count[,compare]]])

Maybe the compare argument could be omitted, given the token system in ti calculators, but start and count would be good arguments to have for a nice complete function.
Also, Left and Right might be nice to have, although these might be a little less helpful, given the fact that the sub() command is already implemented...

I might add that in my next big program release... Thanks for the idea!
jcgter777 wrote:
i think that there should be a warning before over-writing an old version, and an option to rename it.

Also, will the name be displayed next to the src name anytime soon?

Please, I cant say how many times I lose the program to overwriting.
Maybe eliminate the trace menu when there's no [i] header?

I don't know how hard it'll be, but make text not appear on the left side if it's too long?
If you could, can you please add some USB functionality?
If not, can you PM me with how I could go about this in ICE?
Help would be much appreciated!
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
If you could, can you please add some USB functionality?
If not, can you PM me with how I could go about this in ICE?
Help would be much appreciated!

Impossible, as there's barely USB documentation at all, and no USB lib is created (yet).
I know this suggestion is really far out there, but would it be possible to make a website tutorial or something, on going through ICE for beginners (knowing at least BASIC of course)? I know you have a manual, but after about 15 pages, I got really confused, really fast.
dankcalculatorbro made some ICE tutorial videos, and I've found them to be very helpful. The videos are found here
Very Happy THANKS! This should come in handy as someone wanting to learn ICE!
did you add ":"? Question
Cool, these videos are very helpful , although there's a lot of gaps in ICE I still don't understand. Smile
TI84pceBasicPro wrote:
Cool, these videos are very helpful , although there's a lot of gaps in ICE I still don't understand. Smile

You might want to make an ICE learning thread! Or, you can ask all your questions in this thread or any other ICE threads! Very Happy

EDIT: NOT in this thread. Maybe in the ICE Compiler thread, but it's probably best to make your own thread.
Here's an idea: Matrices!
Syntax- Just like in TI-Basic, but maybe more commands. They would make making certain types of programs a lot easier.Smile
How about making ICE an app? Razz (SM84CE said that first)

Matrices are a good idea, but I have a vague memory of someone saying that already Razz

Also, I'd want a "ExecBasicCommand(" command. (self-explanatory) Then, I'd be able to run some easier Basic Code Smile
How about a debugging mode? Maybe choose a program to compile for debugging, and show the code that's being run on the side? Or maybe have the program itself control the debugging?
Oh no, a lot of new ICE requests! I will put them all in my first post soon, and then I will see what I can add. Smile
jcgter777 wrote:
Also, I'd want a "ExecBasicCommand(" command. (self-explanatory) Then, I'd be able to run some easier Basic Code Smile

I think this is a good idea, but could be tweaked to make more sense in an actual program, I think what would be better is to do like celtic III did, which is basically allow users to create temporary programs, execute them, and delete them. So maybe have a few commands like CreateVar(), WriteLine(), ReplaceLine(), DeleteVar(), and most importantly, Execprgm().
This would allow any basic program to be completely ported to ICE (without any speed gain), but also could be used to fill in for some commands that aren't going to be implemented or haven't yet been implemented. For example, if for some reason, you would want to convert a matrix into rref, instead of having to write a huge complicated routine to do it, you could just do something like

Code:
CreateVar("TEMP01")
WriteLine("TEMP01",1,"rref([A])")
Execprgm("TEMP01")
DeleteVar("TEMP01")
DefineSprite(X,Y,"str1")
OK, I don't know where to begin: so much to potentially change and fix. (I just recently found the beauty of ICE)
A bug: ScaleText shows up as 'det(73' instead of 'det(74'

A suggestion: make using matrix and list manipulation more like on the regular TI-Basic
Alvajoy123 wrote:
DefineSprite(X,Y,"str1")

I think he means that you can just use a string to display a sprite. Clarification: Using an OS string for the sprite data.

coolcrab123 wrote:
OK, I don't know where to begin: so much to potentially change and fix. (I just recently found the beauty of ICE)
A bug: ScaleText shows up as 'det(73' instead of 'det(74'

A suggestion: make using matrix and list manipulation more like on the regular TI-Basic

There is a topic for ICE Bug Reports, one for ICE suggestions (this one) and a general topic. Please post in the correct topic. (Search for them in the search bar).

I am pretty sure matrices have been asked for, but it's good to see that people actually want it. What exactly do you mean "more like TI-Basic"? Are there any uses that *have* to be there, and some that don't?
Fixed the det(73/det(74 (and some other functions too), but not uploaded yet.

I'm in favor or making ICE v3.0 (or v2.2, who cares), which some minor syntax changes:
  • Strings are now just pointers, instead of semi-pointers (hard to explain). This means that you can now do stuff like Str1*2, Str1-2+A etc, even though that are not strings. The disadvantage is that I *might* need to scratch string concatenation
  • Floats will be added! The idea came from Runer112, and it's basically like how strings were. You can use 10 floats (custom tokens??), which you can mess around with, and which basically are just 'special integers', i.e. <float> + <int> works fine (and results a float anyway). This would allow for more BASIC tokens like int( and fPart(, and maybe a few more.
  • Since strings are pointers, sub( is a bit more weird. Would I allow things like sub(A,1,3) (like sub(Str1,1,3) but with A) or not?
  • The thing behind displaying expressions or strings was a bit hacky, so I will now use the >Dec token if you want to display an expression, and otherwise always a string. So Disp Str1 might display "TEST", and Disp Str1>Dec displays something like 13777162
  • Fixed size matrices? If I allow 25x25 matrices, they are 1875 bytes each, which is less than lists and strings, while it's still a large enough size IMHO.
  • Much more auto-optimization. For example, if you have only once a "Input X", it can be optimized.
    This makes decompiling even harder but who cares Razz

That's it, so far. Thoughts?

EDIT: had a talk with Runer112 and we/he/I found a better way of using floats: it just prescans the program, and when it hits an expression with a float in it which is stored to a variable, that variable is marked as a float. Now, every variable that is dependent of that variable are floats too. For example, if you have "A+B->C : 2.5->A", then C is dependent of both A and B, but because A is a float (and B not necessarily), C would be a float too. I might also add SetFloat( and SetInt( to 'force-define' the type of a variable.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours