mr womp womp wrote:
john35588 wrote:
Here’s an idea, could you make the program editor not in overwrite typing mode, but in insert mode, like a computer?
99th post!

[2nd][del] Evil or Very Mad

Yes, but when you press an arrow key, it disables it. Smile
john35588 wrote:
Here’s an idea, could you make the program editor not in overwrite typing mode, but in insert mode, like a computer?
99th post!

Yep, I still need a proper way to insert the code in the program editor, instead of just overwriting it.
jcgter777 wrote:
Maybe a cancel key?

And what if compiling is too fast? Most of the programs will be compiled within a second, then you don't have time to cancel it Razz I can add a button to not go to the program editor though, or back to the homescreen.
PT_ wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:
Maybe a cancel key?

And what if compiling is too fast? Most of the programs will be compiled within a second, then you don't have time to cancel it Razz I can add a button to not go to the program editor though, or back to the homescreen.

What about a button to restore the original? That would serve as another version of a cancel key. (just once after compiling. Not every single time)
jcgter777 wrote:
PT_ wrote:

jcgter777 wrote:
Maybe a cancel key?

What about a button to restore the original? That would serve as another version of a cancel key. (just once after compiling. Not every single time)

I don't see the purpose of this at all. If you don't want to compile it, just don't, and if there's an error, the output program won't get overwritten.
May I suggest a key to create backup of the source, if it doesn't exist already ? Especially with the new program autorun feature, if you compile and run a bad program, the source may not be still here after the RAM clear Razz
Could there be a hook that compiles it from the editor?

EDIT:
beckadamtheinventor wants string inputs in full graphic mode.
jcgter777 wrote:

EDIT:
beckadamtheinventor wants string inputs in full graphic mode.

I would very much like a string input method, but I what i really need is a method to convert an askii list to a string, or substring for letter vars. This would help exponentially in the development of BOSshell.
jcgter777 wrote:

I've been looking into, and my thought was to add it to the ALPHA F5 menu that pops up in the editor, but sadly I cannot add an entry, only replace one. And I still need an ICE API, and not sure how I will do that.

beckadamtheinventor wrote:
I would very much like a string input method

Impossible. I don't wanna write that routine myself (Input uses the OS routine), and what about all the parameters? Where do you want the input, what color, what text size, and so on.

but I what i really need is a method to convert an askii list to a string, or substring for letter vars

Not necessary Smile Just store the pointer from the list into a string, and you're done Razz TI-ASCII and ASCII is almost the same, at least for the first 128 characters (minus the first 32 ones), so you should be fine I guess.
PT_ wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

I've been looking into, and my thought was to add it to the ALPHA F5 menu that pops up in the editor, but sadly I cannot add an entry, only replace one. And I still need an ICE API, and not sure how I will do that.

I would very much like a string input method

Impossible. I don't wanna write that routine myself (Input uses the OS routine), and what about all the parameters? Where do you want the input, what color, what text size, and so on.

but I what i really need is a method to convert an askii list to a string, or substring for letter vars

Not necessary Smile Just store the pointer from the list into a string, and you're done Razz TI-ASCII and ASCII is almost the same, at least for the first 128 characters (minus the first 32 ones), so you should be fine I guess.

But if I used an askii list, how would I store that into a string so that it is FileIOC compatible (like sum(1)) or do I just use the list instead of he string?
I don't know how possible this is, but like a description of how to use each command in ICE in the suggestions menu when you press [+] like in the TIOS catalog. Also, 2nd as a selection key in the trace menu?
Is it possible to compare strings, for example If Str1="HELLO"?
JamesW wrote:

Nope, unfortunately not, but that's something I will surely implement sooner or later!
PT_ wrote:
JamesW wrote:

Nope, unfortunately not, but that's something I will surely implement sooner or later!

Try using pointers to do this:

Code:

0→B
For(A,0,length(SA)-1
{SA+A}≠{SB+A}+B→B
End
If not(B
// SA=SB
// SA, SB are strings or lists (which are the same data type in ICE)
End
JamesW wrote:

Or, if you're asking for user input, you could check for keypresses.

PT_: 2nd as trace selection?
Could you add the ability to add and remove items from lists and be able to add variables.

Code:
//Something like:
CopyData(L1,3,VARA,VARB,VARC, ...)
**Suggestion alert**

1. 2nd as a trace menu selection key? (I mentioned before)
  2. A fancy welcome screen
  3. Ability to jump to programs names using alpha search (Mentioned before)
  4. Any other stuff I mentioned before that hasn't been implemented

Also, when will the palette be put into graph?
jcgter777 wrote:
**Suggestion alert**

1. 2nd as a trace menu selection key? (I mentioned before)
  2. A fancy welcome screen
  3. Ability to jump to programs names using alpha search (Mentioned before)
  4. Any other stuff I mentioned before that hasn't been implemented

Also, when will the palette be put into graph?

There used to be a fancy welcome screen in the early days of development, but I haven't seen it in the official releases, I think there isn't really a use for it. Having the palette easily accessible would be nice indeed. And I don't see why not for the 2nd and alpha things.
Also, Matrices.
jcgter777 wrote:
I don't know how possible this is, but like a description of how to use each command in ICE in the suggestions menu when you press [+] like in the TIOS catalog. Also, 2nd as a selection key in the trace menu?

Adding a built in syntax help would really be a lifesaver! Very Happy
Dunno if this is possible but
Replace(Str5,"HI","BYE"
Ans will be Str5 but with every instance of "HI" turned into "BYE"
mets11rap wrote:
Dunno if this is possible but
Replace(Str5,"HI","BYE"
Ans will be Str5 but with every instance of "HI" turned into "BYE"

I think it would definitely be a good idea, but if it'sworth implementing, then it's worth implementing right, so I would add more parameters like the VBS Replace command.

Code:
Replace(string,find,replacewith[,start[,count[,compare]]])

Maybe the compare argument could be omitted, given the token system in ti calculators, but start and count would be good arguments to have for a nice complete function.
Also, Left and Right might be nice to have, although these might be a little less helpful, given the fact that the sub() command is already implemented...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours