Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Have you encountered a bug with ICE, while you are sure your code is correct? Please post it here, and then I will try to fix it, if possible. To keep it all clear, please note the following points:
  • Please be sure you have the latest ICE Compiler. It's not useful to post a bug which is already fixed in a later version.
  • Please explain thoroughly the bug, if possible with example code as well. That makes it much easier to replicate the bug, which is necessary to debug it.
  • If necessary, provide a video too, to show certain (unexpected) outcomes.
  • Code *might* differ at different OS, so please provide your OS version too. I have a few ROM's with different OS's available, so hopefully I can fix it, if the bug is OS-related.
  • If you think you can fix it yourself (i.e. a missing 's' somewhere), you can clone the Github repo, fix it, and create a pull request.
  • Don't forget to look through the bugs list below; maybe it's already reported but not fixed.

In case you reported a bug, but I didn't reply to that, or notified you that I've seen it, feel free to poke me.

Current bugs:
  • String concatenation doesn't work - v2.0.3
  • Remove unimplemented C functions from [TRACE] menu - v2.0.4
  • EXPR (not variable or constant) as last argument of Copy( doesn't work if the first argument is a constant or variable - v2.0.4 - reopened, is still not fixed - v2.1.0
  • Register IY might be modified when returning with "Return" not at the end of a program without C functions - v2.1.0
  • StrX->... is broken - v2.1.0
ICE Bug report. The AllocSprite is still in the trace menu, but when compiling, it says that the command doesn't exist, and that if I'm sure it does, to contact you.
ICE Bug report. The LZDecompress( and LZDecompress_Sprite( commands are still in the trace menu, but when compiling, it says that the command doesn't exist, and that if I'm sure it does, to contact you.
I believe both of your bugs are covered by what PT_ said in the original post, jcgter777:

PT_ wrote:
Remove unimplemented C functions from [TRACE] menu
dankcalculatorbro wrote:
I believe both of your bugs are covered by what PT_ said in the original post, jcgter777:

PT_ wrote:
Remove unimplemented C functions from [TRACE] menu


I'm just telling him more unimplemented functions. I only said AllocSprite before.
so I just downloaded the most recent version of ICE, and I opened it, then went to the program editor, and it no longer replaces miny with DefineSprite, and it doesn't tell you what a det( command does when you hover over it. all this was working before I updated it, I have not tried reinstalling ICE yet.
john35588 wrote:
so I just downloaded the most recent version of ICE, and I opened it, then went to the program editor, and it no longer replaces miny with DefineSprite, and it doesn't tell you what a det( command does when you hover over it. all this was working before I updated it, I have not tried reinstalling ICE yet.

Did you transfer ICEAPPV too?
PT_ wrote:
Did you transfer ICEAPPV too?


Yes, and then I reset my calculator as well. If it helps, I also have the newest version of Cesium, and that could be messing with it.
john35588 wrote:
PT_ wrote:
Did you transfer ICEAPPV too?


Yes, and then I reset my calculator as well. If it helps, I also have the newest version of Cesium, and that could be messing with it.


It works for me, an I have latest versions of both. You might have a corrupted file somewhere.
john35588 wrote:
so I just downloaded the most recent version of ICE, and I opened it, then went to the program editor, and it no longer replaces miny with DefineSprite, and it doesn't tell you what a det( command does when you hover over it. all this was working before I updated it, I have not tried reinstalling ICE yet.


Try re-running ICE a few times, just get into the compiler and then exit if you haven't done so already. I'm unclear on if you already did this or not...
Ok, just reinstalled ICE, and I am still having the same problem. I have tried all the suggestions listed above.
john35588 wrote:
Ok, just reinstalled ICE, and I am still having the same problem. I have tried all the suggestions listed above.


I hate to say it, but you might have to do a full memory wipe and then reinstall your files. (back-up of course, and delete unnecessary files)
jcgter777 wrote:
I hate to say it, but you might have to do a full memory wipe and then reinstall your files. (back-up of course, and delete unnecessary files)


Actually, I just did that exact thing right before you said that, and (surprise) it did not work, ICE is still broken on my calculator. Sad Sad Sad
john35588 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
I hate to say it, but you might have to do a full memory wipe and then reinstall your files. (back-up of course, and delete unnecessary files)


Actually, I just did that exact thing right before you said that, and (surprise) it did not work, ICE is still broken on my calculator. Sad Sad Sad


Did you install ICE before or after you restored your backup, if you did one?
Oops, this is my fault. ICE incorrectly sets the size of the hooks; will be fixed in the next version. Smile
Is it possible for ICE going into the program editor to not affect Cesium's hooks?
For some reason, Str1->Str2 just crashes the calculator, even though the commands list says it's valid.
JamesW wrote:
For some reason, Str1->Str2 just crashes the calculator, even though the commands list says it's valid.


Do you have the latest version of both ICE and ICEAPPV installed?
JamesW wrote:
For some reason, Str1->Str2 just crashes the calculator, even though the commands list says it's valid.

Yep, I can confirm. Same thing with Str1->A or Str1->*{...}.
PT_ wrote:
Oops, this is my fault. ICE incorrectly sets the size of the hooks; will be fixed in the next version. Smile


Good, I was worried my calculator was ruined, but why did it still work on other people's calculators?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement