Calcuon wrote:
It appears that appvar syntaxes are broken with the cesium icon included on line 2 of a program.

Can you elaborate on this, please? Like, what is broken, which functions, can you send me some broken code.. etc?

Alvajoy123 wrote:
I don't know if this is a bug or not but..
When you make a label and don't give it a name, ICE will still compile the program.

Hmm, in fact it is possible yeah, I should probably prohibit that.
This is not a bug with a program, but with the statistics variables. While doing homework, I discovered that my 2-var Stats menu looked like this. This problem disappears after a RAM reset but returns after running ICE
I have the latest ICE and Cesium, if that matters. My calculator is running OS 5.2.2.0043.
Bug report: Pressing ‘run’ from ice after compiling just immediately crashes my calculator.
Found out the hard way, and had no backups. Ah well.
Legoman314 wrote:
This is not a bug with a program, but with the statistics variables. While doing homework, I discovered that my 2-var Stats menu looked like this. This problem disappears after a RAM reset but returns after running ICE
I have the latest ICE and Cesium, if that matters. My calculator is running OS 5.2.2.0043.

That's just due to the fact that ICE overrides the stat vars and how the name is displayed. It won't affect the function of the stat vars. Clearing RAM resets the hook, which disables the ICE override on the displaying of the name.
GetSpriteChar doesn't work. It always returns a black square sprite.
Astrum wrote:
Bug report: Pressing ‘run’ from ice after compiling just immediately crashes my calculator.
Found out the hard way, and had no backups. Ah well.

I'm having this problem now, too.
P_T, if you read this, can you tell us why you think pressing 'Run' resets my calc too?
It's not a problem now, as I too have found a way around it, but please fix ICE Compiler if possible.
(Using SC3) Using a 2-byte list, the data starts at one byte before the list. This is only a bit inconvenient, and easy to work around, but it's still kind of weird.

Code:
[i]TEST
CopyData(L1,2,2048
Disp **{L1-1}
Pause

Outputs 2048

Code:
[i]TEST
CopyData(L1,2,2048
Disp **{L1}
Pause

Outputs 8

Also, I think I've mentioned this, but I've never been able to make SetPalette work for me. (Although I may be doing something wrong)

Then it doesn't give me a file.

I've been using this workaround:

Code:
6342->**{14877200}
8523->**{14877202}
4228->**{14877204}
27514->**{14877206}
3171->**{14877208}

(Let me know if there's a better way. CopyData(14877184,2,8523,... didn't work for me.)

Anyways, the good thing is that these aren't too bad they just bug me a bit. Sorry if I just didn't understand how to do something. Thanks!
Pi_Runner wrote:
(Using SC3) Using a 2-byte list, the data starts at one byte before the list. This is only a bit inconvenient, and easy to work around, but it's still kind of weird.

Code:
[i]TEST
CopyData(L1,2,2048
Disp **{L1-1}
Pause

Outputs 2048

Code:
[i]TEST
CopyData(L1,2,2048
Disp **{L1}
Pause

Outputs 8

The problem is now that it says a register points to L1, while in fact it points to L1+2. Thus, when doing {L1}, it takes the next (2-byte) entry. The solution is to add another expression in between.
Hello, I think I found a bug in ICE, when having too many loops or calls:

Code:
0→NUM
For(B,1,BALLOONS)
Call GET DIST
If DIST<60:B→NUM:End
End

If NUM≠0
Call SHOOT
End

Only the second one calls SHOOT, the first one ignores the loop

Code:
0→NUM
For(B,1,BALLOONS)
Call GET DIST
If DIST<60:B→NUM:End
End
det(2,0) // The next command after the for loop sometimes don´t work, so I added a short useless line

If NUM≠0
Call SHOOT
End

Here´s a longer version of my problem
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=292131#292131

Please tell me If you have any suggestions, thanks.
That is either related to https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/issues/125 or you have too much labels.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours