This download is outdated. Click here for the latest version!

In 2006, Arthur O'Dwyer's Castle Adventure revolutionized the TI-BASIC text adventure.
Now, at the tail end of 2017, comes a new innovation in TI-BASIC text adventures. Get ready to experience...

9K Adventure

You are Grimbis the black dwarf. Your mission is to recover Gawyn's orb, in order to keep the land frozen in an eternal winter. To do this, you interact with the game by entering simple English commands.

Download here. Try it!
Update!

Added an Easter egg, and reduced filesize by ~300 bytes.

Download here.

9K Adventure is also on Cemetech!
Update.

Fixed a small glitch with examining items, and a fatal glitch with displaying inventory. The file should be updated as soon as possible.
MAJOR UPDATE!

Now, the game is 8K, and I've changed the name to reflect this.

The Cemetech download should be updated ASAP. Try the magic word, XYZZY!
One problem I have with this program is that I don't know what commands I can use, and when I say something wrong, it quits.
jcgter777 wrote:
One problem I have with this program is that I don't know what commands I can use, and when I say something wrong, it quits.

Hm...if it can't recognize a command, it says "PARDON." Only QUIT quits. Download the latest version, and see if the problem persists.

If you're stuck, try using EXAMINE on some scenery you can see in the room.
Only some wrong commands say PARDON. Others just give an error and close.
OK, updated. Issue fixed!
Can I have a list of more commands, I read on the readme, that there were some other commands you could do.
looks great!
john35588 wrote:
Can I have a list of more commands, I read on the readme, that there were some other commands you could do.
looks great!

Try to figure them out!

If you're really stuck, try to TAKE items you find in the rooms.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours