I agree that all entries should be implemented. I just think having so many sprites is space taxing. I want to attempt to make a default set, and have the extras in an appvar. If the appvar is present, users can select their icon set.

Great Icons from everyone so far! I am VERY impressed! TBH, I never thought I would get so many icons as entries!
Okay. I think this needs a post.
I am growing tired of this project, especially after seeing how well developed (and better overall) the other shells that are being developed for the CE are, and I am thinking of bringing this project to a close because of its inability to compete with other shells.

My question(s) is/are:
How many people would, realistically, use this?
What other features should I add before an official release?
If you're getting tired of the project, take a break from it for a while, work on something else. I would like to see this finished though, at least in a stable beta. I think you should complete this shell since it'll be a great program to look back on when you're working on even more advanced programs. You'll know how to detect and manipulate program and app vars, and you'll have experience in developing GUIs.
To be honest, I probably wouldn't use this much, mainly because I rely on Cesium's backup features a ton.

Personally, I don't think that the other shells (not including Doors) could out-compete your shell immediately. BOSshell still looks very basic and definitely needs some polishing. I think your shell could be the one push for BOSshell to improve, and I know BOSshell will push you to improve your shell. That's how competition works. As long as you keep developing your shell, the users will be pleased and you get to keep competitors on their toes. Razz
Thanks for the honesty, TheLastMillennial. I appreciate it! I will most likely finish, mostly because I want to, but some because I have so much time invested.

I do have a few updates,
Whats New
[100%] Rewrite of internal input subroutine to support max input, no spaces, and differently formatted output options
[100%] Finalization of Pinned Programs toolbar
[100%] Rename Program now works
[100%] Added Shell and Exec submenus to settings menu
[100%] Added changing of brightness
[100%] Added toggling of APD in BASIC programs, lowercase letters, and run indicator
[100%] Allow users to delete individual toolbar slots as well as the entire thing.

Whats being worked on
[10%] VAT Sort Code
[0%] Toggle Archive Status
[0%] Delete Program Prompt
[0%] Navigate with A-Z keys
[0%] Open NOS Hooks ([On]+[PRGM])
Great! I'm glad you want to finish it!
I was wondering, would it be possible for the user to define hooks? Like, say I wanted to change [on]+[prgm] to [on]+[apps] is that possible for you to implement?
I guess it could be possible. I am still new to hooks, so it will most likely have limited choices. I have wanted to make it [On] + [APPS] anyway, just to make sure cesium still works, but I can add multiple choices as well.
Okay so I have *finally* decided on a initial release checklist.

Todo:
[0%] Navigate with A-Z keys
[0%] VAT Sort Code
[25%] Finish Developers SDK, NOS Website, Documentation
[30%] Finish Default Icons for Programs (Select Default Package Winner as well)
[20%] Hooks (TBD)

After this is completed, I plan to release NOS v.1.

I would like to thank everyone who has followed this project, from way back last November, where I knew little tonothing about ICE, pointers, etc until now where I know a bit about that stuff.
Progress.

Here is the updated, NOS v.1 Stable Release checklist.
Done:
[100%] Navigate with A-Z keys
[100%] VAT Sort Code

Todo:
[20%] Hooks

My self imposed deadline is to have the initial out by 4 weeks from this post. This is preliminary, and I cannot tell what the future holds, but I want to release this soon.
I can help you with the Delete Program Prompt Smile
I'm curious, what kind of VAT sorting are you doing? I've been experimenting with ideas for the monochrome calcs.
LAX18 wrote:
Progress.

Here is the updated, NOS v.1 Stable Release checklist.
Done:
[100%] Navigate with A-Z keys
[100%] VAT Sort Code

Todo:
[20%] Hooks

My self imposed deadline is to have the initial out by 4 weeks from this post. This is preliminary, and I cannot tell what the future holds, but I want to release this soon.

Prompt idea: use the current text XY position.
Try this code, to insure that it does not overflow the screen:

Code:

det(19,min(det(28),XMAX),min(det(29),311

I'm sure you already know what it does Razz
If you don't please correct me
NOTE: I'm just posting this as a suggestion.
when is this going to be finished?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours