I have had problems figuring out how to display the tilemap. I have been experimenting and either the compiled programs displays weird colored boxes all over the screen and then resets or a blank white screen shows up. I have the documentation and the example program, The World's Hardest Game. Looking at the example program helped a lot, except I don't have levels, and my program still doesn't work. By the way, The tilemap have 8x8 tiles (not sure why I didn't do 16x16). I am using a tilemap because I want to display a screen-sized picture, and when I tried using a sprite, it was to big. Also I am aware that my definetilemap() only defines 160x120 screen, but the picture is that size.. for now.

For now, just assume everything up to the code I did right.

Code:

det(0
LoadData("EXDES1",0,1800->A
DefineTilemap(8,8,30,20,3,3,30,20,0,0,A)->TILEMAP
det(50,TILEMAP,0,0
Pause
det(1
I'm not sure what's wrong, since the commands seems fine to me. Are you sure EXDES1 exists (and A is nonzero)?
According to the documentation, you have to store the data given in the tilemaps.txt file in {TILEMAP} Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours