» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I reevaluated my project and it is still pretty much impossible to make fun in basic Sad I could submit a basic scheme, but that would not win anything, just a bunch of empty files, the main file, a few data files, and the one that makes the enemy move (and I have said it before and I will say it again - too slow in basic).
I sent two e-mails because I forgot to attach the entry to the first email. Sad I am Sanchez as calc84maniac confirmed through my ticalc.org author profile. It's disappointing that there were only two entries. Maybe with the extension Harq will be able to enter something and Sage Orator and myself will be able to improve our entries further. Is the extension confirmed now?
If there is an extension, what calc will the games be tested on? I may be able to submit a game in 10 days or so, but it just isn't that fun on a regular 83+...
Hmmmm... I might be able to make a simple strategy game in 10 days... Just need an idea Neutral

EDIT: Of course I do not know how fast my current game would be on a ti 84+ se... OK I think I will try to finish it in the next 10 days.
Don't worry so much about speed. Listen, at this point, if you had it going at one frame every ten minutes, you'd probably still earn third place. Very Happy
0x5, ok, It will really depend on the amount of towers you have up (I use a matrix to contain the enemy stat - lots of them - but I think I might change that to 4 or 5 lists now for speeds sake).
I might join the contest if I get a good game idea...
Cool, Harq. Go for it, calc84maniac, whatever you can come up with.
So has the extension been confirmed Rivereye? If so when is the new deadline?
Sage Orator wrote:
So has the extension been confirmed Rivereye? If so when is the new deadline?
Entries will now be due by September 15, 2006.
Now that the extension is confirmed, can those of us who already submitted our entries submit an improved version if we make one?
something1990 wrote:
Now that the extension is confirmed, can those of us who already submitted our entries submit an improved version if we make one?
Of course you may. We accept only the entry from each entrant emailed closest to the deadline, so if you send something between now and the final deadline, it replaces your original entry.
Yay! I got a game idea! Very Happy It should be finished on time, but who knows?
i would join but i am having the hardest time coming up with a strategy game idea.
I am going to start serious work on mine later today - I may have to cut out some towers though...
Now I have almost everything done except the AI! Very Happy But that's the hard part...

200 post countdown update...
3 more posts...
Quote:
200 post countdown update...
3 more posts...

0x5 0x5
That's fine, as long as it's functional and somewhat fun. Smile
thats all that I really care about (sorry, I was in the UP for a few days, land of dial-up and no internet, but now back in Troll Land), and I will confirm with Kerm on the date he set. Kerm, could you write up the news article?
I just have to optimize and test, though I may redo the battle system.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours