verdaryl wrote:
She did not drop it but it has been in her backpack.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I will let it fully charge and see what happens.

You could always back it up using TI-Connect and then hit the reset button and restore the backup.
I removed and replaced the battery. I tried again with the 2nd DEL key, i installed OS 5.2, I installed OS 5.3. I left the battery out overnight and tried again. Looking for another suggestion. Thank you
Sounds like a hardware failure then. It could be that the calculator was defective, or it was somehow damaged by water (unlikely), extreme stress, etc. If no one can come up with a way to help you, you should contact TI and ask for assistance (though I doubt they'd be able to help you any more than we could) or a replacement calculator.
Since taking out the battery, putting it back in and reinstalling the OS has been unsuccessful, this is starting to look more like a hardware failure.
TI has replaced defective calculators in the past, but it is not very common. If the battery was removed and put back, and the OS reinstalled, I really can't think of something other than a hardware failure, possibly with the LCD controller or the LCD itself. Unfortunately, both those components are essentially not serviceable. You can replace the LCD, but that will probably turn out to be similar in price to buying a whole new calculator, because AFAIK, the LCDs aren't off-the-shelf, so you would either have to order an entire production run from some supplier or get one from a dead donor calc (of which there aren't very many).
My suggestion would be to try your luck with ti-cares.
Welcome to Cemetech, samwelli!

Once you reset the calculator, leave it out, on, overnight and see what happens. You should also plug in the charger. This is because it could be a reset taking WAAAY longer than usual to reset, and it happened to me. What happens when you reinstall the OS or take out the battery and replace it? Does the OS load, then freeze? Make sure you get the LATEST OS from the TI website. If these don't work, tell either the store you purchased it from, or TI-cares. Good luck and enjoy your stay here!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours