The battery on my daughter's calculator died so when she connected it to the charger, the orange charging light comes on. The screen is now flashing on and off. When I hold the del 2nd and reset buttons at the same time, the screen is blank and white. I tried connecting to computer and it is not connecting. Is there anything else I can do to try to get it to work.
I think that you just gotta wait
The same thing happened to me, or maybe not exactly, but it was stuck on a white screen for like 10 hours, an then it went to the Install OS screen. Then, you'll want to clear storage like 50 times before sending the OS.
jcgter777 wrote:
I think that you just gotta wait
The same thing happened to me, or maybe not exactly, but it was stuck on a white screen for like 10 hours, an then it went to the Install OS screen. Then, you'll want to clear storage like 50 times before sending the OS.

No.

mr womp womp, in a two year-old thread wrote:
...unfortunately, you will need to reinstall the OS. Fortunately, this is pretty easy. you press 2nd and del while pressing the reset key in the back (a little hard to do but that's good because that means you won't do it by mistake) then connect it to a computer equipped with ti-connect CE with a mini-usb cable and send over the new OS. You can get the OS here. Good luck! and if you have any questions, ask away Smile

This should work Smile
Note: you can get ti-connect CE here.
verdaryl wrote:
The battery on my daughter's calculator died so when she connected it to the charger, the orange charging light comes on. The screen is now flashing on and off. When I hold the del 2nd and reset buttons at the same time, the screen is blank and white. I tried connecting to computer and it is not connecting. Is there anything else I can do to try to get it to work.

@_iPhoenix_
verdaryl already tried that, and that didn't work...
Have you tried removing the battery, and replacing it after ~5 min? Also, try [2nd][del], but put the battery in while holding the keys down... this could just be me trying to help, but test that out, it should hopefully give an OS send screen. Also, a video of the screen would (might) help -- is the screen fully white, or is (was) there a status bar on it?
I tried putting in a new battery but did not push the [2nd] [del] while putting it in. I will try it and see what happens. How do I add video of the screen
you'll have to use a real camera or a phone camera to record the screen of a physical calculator.
EDIT: to add a video, you'll have to upload it to youtube as unlisted and use the youtube bbcode tag to embed it in the post (which looks like [youtube]*your unshortened youtube link here*[/youtube])
I did the video but do not see button to upload
You can also load it onto google drive and add a sharing link here.
Ok. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_-eueRBtmJPkhL43xsat_O06NAoovTU0/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zHBpCwrwjIC-sn4-c7rcSK34EYnBcjw/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_-eueRBtmJPkhL43xsat_O06NAoovTU0/view?usp=drivesdk
I think that you need to get a shareable link from a folder you create with the video. Right now, I have to request access to see it. (I can't see it)
If the 2nd del reset combo doesn't work, I think I recall some people having success by removing the battery and putting it back in, which should either clear the ram, or bring up the install OS screen, at which point you can keep using your calc, or reinstall the OS with ti-connect as mentioned above. To take out the battery, you just have to unscrew the little back panel, and unlike older models like the CSE, the battery should be very easy to remove (like most android phones)

techpoweredmath.com
CE to the right, CSE to the left
@mr. womp womp
verdaryl wrote:
I tried putting in a new battery but did not push the [2nd] [del] while putting it in. I will try it and see what happens. How do I add video of the screen

ummmmmm.....
Can you try these links now should share now.

One is video of flashing screen and picture of what happens when I press [del] [2nd]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zHBpCwrwjIC-sn4-c7rcSK34EYnBcjw/view?usp=drivesdk

They work!

That is weird!
I think that you should just charge it until the green light shows.
It's weird because the screen is blinking as fast as the cursor blinks on an unbroken calc. Was the calculator dropped hard, or maybe it could have been put under a lot of stress in a backpack with lots of books? Is there any way it could be physical damage?
Simply put, the calculator has run out of charge. When attempting to plug it into a computer, the usb attempts to establish a connection, but cannot because it is out of charge Razz To fix this, find a wall outlet and use that to charge the device. In order to execute the [2nd][del]+[reset] sequence, be sure to *remove* the USB cable beforehand, otherwise it will still assume a device is connected. Once you reach the OS install screen, replug in the calculator to the computer. Hope this helps.
The white screen thing's happened to me before, and I just did what I mentioned above.
She did not drop it but it has been in her backpack.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I will let it fully charge and see what happens.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours