Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
jcgter777 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:


Yay! I'm a rule follower. Also, _iPhoenix_: can you change me to a Contributior?


1) You are, and have been for almost two weeks. Unless you mean collaborator, then no, not yet. Keep making high-quality and helpful pull requests.


I mean "Contributior", with the typo. That'd be nice. IRC Channel Hoster's all right.Razz


I changed it in recent commits to Contributor.
Now, every time I open UniChat I get this error dialogue.

"Error:
A network error (such as timeout, interrupted connection or unreachable host) has occurred."

Any ideas?


EDIT: FIXED!
I did chrome://restart, and resigned in to UniChat when it gave this error: You do not have an account or you have been signed out. Please log in or create an account here.
LAX18 and myself (primarily him) implemented the rest of the emotes. Quite quickly, I noticed something was wrong with one of them: (mets11rap, if you could fix this, it'd be awesome, otherwise, I'm doing it, and I'm a crappy artist)
UniChat users wrote:
[05:58:45] _iPhoenix_:
[05:58:55] _iPhoenix_: It looks like a sick person wearing a coughing mask


Actual image of this is here, It's a big image so I didn't want to post it directly.
I've fixed the image to be a little more of a grin rather than a guy missing the mouth skin of his face.
_iPhoenix_: I am requesting the update of FriendlyBOT, and the upload of BanBot, UniChat, DoorsCE, and jcgterBOT into UniChat.

I'm still trying to add things, though. Stuff that should be updated: BanBot: be able to "fake ban"; DoorsCE and jcgterBOT: add commands.
Sorry for asking, but can you please implement the rest of the emotes in the album and make a list of the rejected ones? Also, I'll get onto a crying one.

Prepare to express yourself more! Laugh and Cry have been added to the album.
https://imgur.com/a/0n9S3
mets11rap wrote:
Sorry for asking, but can you please implement the rest of the emotes in the album and make a list of the rejected ones? Also, I'll get onto a crying one.

Prepare to express yourself more! Laugh and Cry have been added to the album.
https://imgur.com/a/0n9S3


I added them.

I'm most likely not going to add your Cemetech emote, because yeah.

I'm editing my recent UC news post.
LAX18 and I are trying to make a UniChat application. (Just letting _iPhoenix_ know)

Is "https://unichat-demo.firebaseio.com" the firebase db? I need that to create the chatroom.

Also, if you want to test,

PWA platforms, Android, and iOS

EDIT#4: The ones above do not work. (They work, but are useless)

EDIT#5: It might work. Click the triple dash in the top left, scroll down, and click chat. then click the UniChat icon.


EDIT: Also, feature request. Ability to log out without resetting cookies. (jonbush's idea)


EDIT#2: successful app here! (Doesn't work exactly...)

EDIT#3: This does work!!!


EDIT#6: Since iPhoenix thinks that the website on mobile already works fine, you can ignore all of this.
Why are the bots down? (Is UniChat getting abandoned Razz nah Just Joking)

If it's because of the computer running them, is there a way to load them all online on a database or whatever?
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
What happened to Unichat? I pulled up the website and got this:


Sorry for reviving this but I have an idea, upgrade from that ancient version of windows to windows 10 Razz
That's not the freaking problem. Windows 7 is fine for most people. It's that /UniChat/ is the wrong site, it's /UniChatDemo/ or, it was pulled down during that period of abuse. This is not the thread for ranting about people not upgrading their computers. If you're just trying to get your number of posts up, that's not the right incentive. I've been told by someone (not going to name that person) that I should have better quality posts, and not posts that are one sentence. At that time, I had a 35 word/post ratio. Considered low, apparently. I have been trying to improve, and if you have suggestions, please tell me. So, timedia, please try to improve the quality of your posts, and try not to go too off topic.

I wish UniChat and the button had some sort of other database to store the bots and plugins. When anyone decides to go to UniChat now, the bots are down, and it's less fun to use. Is it possible at all to use Firebase hosting? It hosts code like HTML, JS and CSS.
jcgter777 wrote:
That's not the freaking problem. Windows 7 is fine for most people. It's that /UniChat/ is the wrong site, it's /UniChatDemo/ or, it was pulled down during that period of abuse. This is not the thread for ranting about people not upgrading their computers. If you're just trying to get your number of posts up, that's not the right incentive. I've been told by someone (not going to name that person) that I should have better quality posts, and not posts that are one sentence. At that time, I had a 35 word/post ratio. Considered low, apparently. I have been trying to improve, and if you have suggestions, please tell me. So, timedia, please try to improve the quality of your posts, and try not to go too off topic.

I wish UniChat and the button had some sort of other database to store the bots and plugins. When anyone decides to go to UniChat now, the bots are down, and it's less fun to use. Is it possible at all to use Firebase hosting? It hosts code like HTML, JS and CSS.


I know but most windows 7 laptops support windows 10 (even my ancient windows 7 one, a.k.a the one I'm posting from is running 10) and 10 is superior in almost every way, sorry for going off topic
timedia wrote:
Sorry for reviving this but I have an idea, upgrade from that ancient version of windows to windows 10 Razz


WHY? Why do I need to upgrade so badly? It may be old, but it is not obsolete. Besides, It is none of your business whether or not I upgrade timedia.
(It's ok, he has a semi-valid reason. But I'm a Mac user, so I don't really care)

Unfortunately, it is not.

UniChat is probably not going to see much from me.

It's a really hard project to maintain, because most of the code was written when I had no clue how to JavaScript.

It was a concept.

My latest chatting-related project is iChat.

Unlike UniChat, iChat is designed to be embedded on and configured for different sites. It features its own "BotAPI", but I've decided that plugins give you more freedom.

Once I finish getting the main features implemented into the Plugin API, I'm going to create a script converting UniChat Bots to iChat Plugins.

You can read more on the project here
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 11 of 11
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement