it happend to me
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
There is a bug
as soon as i got on someone or something was hacking and saying thing i did not say

This is happening, someone is impersonating people and saying some very vulgar things. Sad
Where is your spam protection?!

If you want to visit UniChat, I made a safe room that is free of spam: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/?room=safe

(For the record there wasn't any hacking.)

Here's my spam protection (super hero theme plays while _iPhoenix_ flies into scene, over 3 and a half hours too late to address this):
Comparing the encrypted IP hashes with Alvajoy, we (once again) have a 100% match.

Here's a log of everything every username he has used, according to a quick database lookup:
UniChat logs wrote:
123outerme
Alvajoy
Command
FlamingThing
Hothacker
OrangeApple
ShimmeringPlant
Sm84E
StrangeNumber
TheLastMillennial
UglyApple
VOrtex
VioletCat
VioletDinosaur
VioletDinosour
Vortex
_IPhoenix_
_ShimmeringBanana
_StrangeCow
_iPheonix_
_iphoenix_
alvajoy

This is already more than enough for a ban.

The messages he sent are available on request, if you have a valid reason for needing to see them. They are excessively vulgar, and I don't want to break the rules of this site.

I regretfully have been forced to ban you for two months. I think this is a reasonable length of time, but you can always appeal your ban here. Smile

Edit:
I unfortunately had to extend Alvajoy's ban length because he kept trying to evade my bans.

Yet again, he seems to think that he can break the rules of any place without any punishment.
Excessive vulgarity, abuse, and ban evasion are the primary rules he broke, as well as impersonating multiple people and trying to impersonate me. He also wasted almost a full hour of my time.

Because of this, I have evidence that the current length of time was not enough.
I set the ban length to two years, though I will likely shorten this a bit. I tried to be kind, but unfortunately this failed.
For WHATEVER reason.... Unichat is offline rn.....

I believe it to be caused by the attempted addition of the /room command. All attempts at reversion have failed.

EDIT: FIXED BY REVERTING AGAIN
The REAL LAX18 wrote:

I believe it to be caused by the attempted addition of the /room command. All attempts at reversion have failed.

I can implement /room. I'll document what I changed line-by-line to help you Smile
I was trying to make a bot that was activated by "#", and would show the link of a room, but miserably failed. Help?

Code:
var jcgterBOT = new Bot("jcgterBOT”, "?");

function initializeBots() {

jcgterBOT.register();
}
jcgterBOT.executeCommand =  function(data) {
  var poster = data.poster;
  var message = data.message;
  var timestamp = data.timestamp;
  var raw_timestamp = data.rawTimestamp;
  if message{
message = room
     this.respond(“https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/?room=" + room);
  }
}

Code:
var jcgterBOT = new Bot("jcgterBOT”, "?");

should be

Code:
var jcgterBOT = new Bot("jcgterBOT”, "[b]#[/b]"); -- note the bolded character!

Also, check for syntax errors (extra chars, etc...)
Ok. Here's that code, working:

Code:
var jcgterBOT = new Bot("jcgterBOT", "#");

jcgterBOT.register();
}
jcgterBOT.executeCommand =  function(data) {
  if (message.substring(0,4) == "room") {
     //message.substring(5) returns the characters past (but not including) the fifth
     this.respond("https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/?room=" + message.substring(5));
  }
}

Basically, you misused the JS 'if' function.

Here's the documentation for the If statement in JS
Here's the documentation for the substring function

Additionally, the bot command character was set to "?", not "#". This means that the bot will be activated when a message is sent with "?", not "#", as you asked.
I actually was trying to make it like
user: #a
jcgterBOT:https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/?room=a

It adds the message string into the link.
Now, thanks to some help from iPhoenix, I MADE A BOT!!!

example:
[user]: o/
*FriendlyBOT waves back at user

It's just one thing, but I'm happy I made one successfully!
Thanks for the bot, jcgter!

To add some substance to this post, I think I'll post some interesting statistics (which started recording on November 12th, even though UniChat has been up for much longer):

According to Google Analytics, a few dozen spreadsheet pages, and nearly 4 hours of my time, 139 unique UniChat users from 9 countries (24 of the 50 states, too) and nearly 100 different cities from around the world have spent a total of 8 cumulative days on the site, typing almost 9000 messages, with an average message length of 56 characters. (Not all messages are shown on our stats page, there are more messages I found it *really* old backups)

Let that sink in. That's a total of 696735 seconds, and 493528 characters.

All from something that was probably posted about 2 months before it was even usable, written in less than half an hour, by a guy with little to no HTML, CSS, or JS knowledge.

Boy, our world is a great place.
I've noticed that the bots are only sometimes on. Why is that?

EDIT#4: The spam room hasn't been emptied yet. And everytime I enter, if I was highlighted, I'd be flooded with notifications. Also, what about the "jcgter777 entered the room"?

EDIT: GitHub issue here.

Also, I'm trying to make a bot called roomBOT that responds to #.

Code:

var roomBOT = new Bot("roomBOT", "#");
  roomBOT.register();
}
roomBOT.executeCommand =  function(data) {

if message                    {//Here, I'm stuck. How do I just do something no matter what?
     roomBOT.respond("https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/UniChatDemo/" + message);
}

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: My GitHub repo link is here

EDIT#2: I got it to work!

https://github.com/jcgter777/UniChatBots/blob/master/roomBOT.js

EDIT#3:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
The REAL LAX18 wrote:

I can implement /room. I'll document what I changed line-by-line to help you Smile

It's sorta too late Razz
I already made it.
UniChat is temporarily down back up!. You can still reserve your username, though.

Here!

This is a huge update, with security enhancements and many more cool things.

I might even add an option for users to change their username, and we have all kinds of new potential features.

Note that the bots are down, and the karma is broken.

This is fixable, but I don't have the time right now.
Warnings:
Use of document.createAttribute() is deprecated. Use element.setAttribute() instead.
translator.js:3027:20

Use of setAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use setAttribute() instead.
translator.js:3029:11

Fatal error:
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '}'
UniChatDemo:2
I hope UniChat will be fully fixed soon! Razz
jcgter777 wrote:
I hope UniChat will be fully fixed soon! Razz

Relevant IRC thingie:
Quote:
<iPhoenix> It's fixable
[TheLastMillennial] Great! How?
<iPhoenix> About 50 lines of code.
[TheLastMillennial] ._.
<iPhoenix> .-.
<iPhoenix> I did 300 today, so...

The bots are down, though, because I need to update them. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I did, however, update the Bot API with a TON of new and awesome features. Ya'll should check it out.
I found a bug. I'll make a GitHub issue after I post this. (EDIT: GitHub issue)

When I send messages through the extension, it duplicates my username, and in the chat room uses [null] to substitute jcgter777, and in the active user list, there are two jcgter777's. Is this just the extension? Or is it the whole thing?

EDIT: Also, can I add news things? GitHub issue
jcgter777 wrote:
I found a bug. I'll make a GitHub issue after I post this. (EDIT: GitHub issue)

When I send messages through the extension, it duplicates my username, and in the chat room uses [null] to substitute jcgter777, and in the active user list, there are two jcgter777's. Is this just the extension? Or is it the whole thing?

EDIT: Also, can I add news things? GitHub issue

1) This is because the old UniChat would send your username with every message, but the new UniChat sends (and expects) a User ID, which is a number. When it tries to find the data associated with the "User ID" (which is actually a username, because of the old system) sent by the old system, it returns null, because "jcgter777" is not a valid User ID.
2) That's LAX18's realm of awesomeness. I can't help you there Razz
How do I log in to UniChat
Using chrome with popups enabled, if that helps
Errm... You weren't supposed to clear browser data after using UniChat, but I guess this is a problem.

Fix coming later today, but I'm Cemetech PM'ing you some JavaScript code you can run from the chrome console to log in.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours