Also, it seems that random blank spaces appear in some places in some of the .gifs. I swear that's not actually visible in the program, CEmu's recording must be acting funky.
Yep, that's a known issue, and it's not fixed yet, so I guess you have to wait. Otherwise, it looks cool, although the colors hurt my eyes. Wink
One suggestion though: it seems that here and there when you highlight text, the highlighting stops directly at the characters below. Is this on purpose or not? I prefer to add an extra highlighting line below the text. Keep up the excellent work!
PT_ wrote:
Yep, that's a known issue, and it's not fixed yet, so I guess you have to wait. Otherwise, it looks cool, although the colors hurt my eyes. Wink
One suggestion though: it seems that here and there when you highlight text, the highlighting stops directly at the characters below. Is this on purpose or not? I prefer to add an extra highlighting line below the text. Keep up the excellent work!

Don't worry about the colors, all of them will be user-adjustable. Smile
As for the highlighting in the token menu, I can quickly adjust it to also highlight the pixel line above the letters so the whole letter is outlined.
*JamesV hands KryptonicDragon some praise*

It's really looking great! Continue as you are Smile
It's that time again! Progress has most certainly been made and it's been a week, so here is the progress update:

This time around I've focused on fixing some things I knew were broken and changing the code for the menus to simply be better. A lot of optimizations have also been done and I've added a few more bricks to the foundation of how KryEdit works.
Now that I've touched up the settings menu code, adding in new tabs/options is as easy as adding in a string and a few numbers.

Bug fixes:
-Main menu clock magically disappears after using the "Create Program" menu ; No longer happens.
-Settings menu selector was bounded by total amount of entries instead of the amount of entries showing on page (meaning you could move your cursor past the bottom of the screen) ; No longer happens.
-Settings menu entries that have a color selector would look like normal checkboxes if you selected the color white, because the text would be displayed in white. ; color selectors are now colored squares, and text the same color as the background is displayed inverted (white text on white background shows as black).

Changes:
-Settings are now loaded into allocated safeRAM, then saved when exiting KryEdit. Previously the settings appvar was accessed from a pointer to the appvar, which would get invalidated any time another var was modified (like deleting a program, etc.)
-Settings menu tabs on on top now, to be more consistent and (in my personal opinion) look better.

Additions:
-Settings menu tabs have little arrows on the left/right to indicate if you can scroll the tabs left/right:
-Settings menu now gives the option to reset settings to default, by hitting F1 or DEL.
-Settings menu now has a new tab, "Editor", with plenty of options in it.
-Syntax highlighting colors now adjustable from "Editor" tab in settings.
-Program editor now uses an edit buffer.
-Text caret in editor can (sorta) now move down (but not up, yet).
-There is now a really basic screen that is brought up if an error is detected (like if memory fails to allocate, etc), so instead of a total crash you now get a screen with text slightly detailing what went wrong (which you would then report to me so I could fix it, of course.)
-Text caret can now switch through all the modes (overtype, overtype 2nd, overtype uppercase, overtype lowercase, insert, insert 2nd, insert uppercase, insert lowercase)

PNGs/GIFs:
The new settings menu in action:

Settings reset option:

The new editor tab in settings:

No previews of the editor itself this time around because it self-destructed while I upgraded it for use with the edit buffer and attempted to make it able to display something other than exactly the first few lines (aka add scrolling), and I don't have time to fix it today, sorry.

Statistics:
Lines of code : 1870
Characters of code(incl. spaces) : 70026
Program size (Compressed/uncompressed) : 11403/22172 (51.4% compression ratio)

Cheer for progress! Smile
looks amazing! the settings will be so helpful when coding! keep up the great work! Smile
This update is very quick and short, there wasn't much progress this week because of family and Thanksgiving-related matters, sorry about that.
How close are you to a finished project?
The REAL LAX18 wrote:

A bit far, I've gotten editing working but I'm still lacking when it comes to features (at this current point in time, KryptonIDE still has fewer features implemented than TI's editor).
KryptonicDragon wrote:
The REAL LAX18 wrote:

A bit far, I've gotten editing working but I'm still lacking when it comes to features (at this current point in time, KryptonIDE still has fewer features implemented than TI's editor).

It looks way cooler though. Keep it up, KryptonicDragon!!!
You should make the tabs be connected to the body, like the tab you are viewing this message with (if you are on a computer) versus any other tab you might have open.

Can you recall the contents of a program into another, yet? I use this a lot.
Progress update!

Sadly, this week was a very busy one for me, but I still managed to get some stuff worked on.
Editing is now working with standard typing in uppercase, lowercase, and normal mode. The edit buffer is working flawlessly so far, but right now, any edits made don't actually save Razz (The edit buffer doesn't 'save' to the program begin edited, yet.).

Additions:
-Typing in uppercase, lowercase, and normally.
-Option to disable syntax highlighting in settings menu (It's actually a big slowdown, around 2x slower depending on how much text is on screen.)
-Option to change FG and BG color of function bar.
-Options to adjust general colors now work.
-Options to adjust editor colors now work.

-I've moved a bit of constant data over to an appvar to help save space in the running program, as this appvar can just be left archived and KryptonIDE will load the needed parts from it when needed. This means that KryptonIDE will need this appvar to exist on the calculator, but it saves a lot of space from the program itself, giving you some extra RAM. Smile

PNGs/GIFs:
Enabling/disabling syntax highlighting:

General theme colors:

Function bar colors:

Editor theme colors,
Horrid pink/yellow:

Practical black/white:

Typing in different modes:

I'll say, I am enjoying the development of this project, as I'm learning a lot about C.
Thanks to everyone here for your support!

Statistics:
Lines of code : 2444
Characters of code(incl. spaces) : 90906
Program size (Compressed/uncompressed) : 12226/23748 (51.5% compression ratio)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
You should make the tabs be connected to the body, like the tab you are viewing this message with (if you are on a computer) versus any other tab you might have open.

Can you recall the contents of a program into another, yet? I use this a lot.

I tried out connected tabs, but I personally think they look better disconnected in the menus they are used it. (It also makes the calculations for font sizes a lot faster)
As for recalling program contents, not yet implemented, but it is planned.
Those screens look so cool, ...uh... i...don't...know...what...to...say...

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!
Will it include ICE commands? Looks great!!
Short update today because I've got a busy schedule, sorry.

Who wants a beta? Because it seems to me like all of you want a beta!
Worry not, just wait until the late hours of New Year's, somewhere around 6-10pm EST, and there shall be a beta!

I have three difficult things left to do:
-Editor scrolling (so, y'know, you can see the rest of the program Razz)
-Upwards caret movement
-A few bugs here and there with line wrapping
After that, everything else should be a piece of cake (provided that GLaDOS doesn't interfere).

Basically, three things to do before the editor works, then I can release the beta, from there I will add in the rest of the features (and fix any bugs that crawl out), and do a full release!
KryptonicDragon wrote:
Short update today because I've got a busy schedule, sorry.

Who wants a beta? Because it seems to me like all of you want a beta!
Worry not, just wait until the late hours of New Year's, somewhere around 6-10pm EST, and there shall be a beta!

I have three difficult things left to do:
-Editor scrolling (so, y'know, you can see the rest of the program Razz)
-Upwards caret movement
-A few bugs here and there with line wrapping
After that, everything else should be a piece of cake (provided that GLaDOS doesn't interfere).

Basically, three things to do before the editor works, then I can release the beta, from there I will add in the rest of the features (and fix any bugs that crawl out), and do a full release!

Nice can't wait for the beta!
New Year's in like 20 days...

Me is sad, but JUST KEEP IT UP!!!
Sounds great! I can’t wait for the finished product!
Progress:
Most of this week has been behind-the-scenes changes (stuff a user wouldn't notice). I've moved a lot more stuff from the KRYEDIT program to the KRYDATA appvar, reducing KryptonIDE's running program size by about 3000 bytes, and program saving now works. I've optimized some functions, changed how stuff works, and the battery indicator on the homescreen now works.

Again, sorry for the short progress update, but it's late, I'm tired, and I've got studying to do, so just hang on until the beta release. Smile

KRYEDIT size (compressed/uncompressed): 12111/24020
KRYDATA size: 2748 (ABC in hex Cool )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours