Michael2_3B wrote:
I do have a suggestion, make it so that when you switch the foreground color and background color in settings, it changes throughout the whole program. Also, I had trouble seeing things when I accidentally set the colors to the same color, maybe you can prevent that or something? Anyways, great program so far!

There are different FG/BG settings for different parts of the program, so if you want them all to be the same, just adjust the various settings to be the same.
I was also already planning on adding something to prevent you setting the FG and BG color to be the same.
I can't wait to try it, but there are bugs Sad I'll try it on CEmu, that's what I'm using anyways! Great job Krypto, I haven't even tried it yet, and this looks better than TI's editor!

also, Michael, in the screenshot, in the Output 9,1, you need a space in "areport", should be "a report"
SM84CE wrote:
also, Michael, in the screenshot, in the Output 9,1, you need a space in "areport", should be "a report"

That’s how it’s supposed to be. Since it’s displayed on the home screen, the “a” actually is the last character on that line and I don’t need that space there on the next line.

Also, Kryptonic, I noticed that when you have long lines in your code, when the : doesn’t come before, it looks like there’s a space where there actually isn’t. Maybe you can instead of using a space, back the code up one spot?
Michael2_3B wrote:
I noticed that when you have long lines in your code, when the : doesn’t come before, it looks like there’s a space where there actually isn’t. Maybe you can instead of using a space, back the code up one spot?

That's intentional to keep all the text lined up (it also simplifies some math).
It makes more sense that way. Think about it, the ":"s on the left of the screen aren't actually part of the program, so why would you want your program to line wrap over there? That entire column isn't part of your program, it simply marks where there is a new line (with a ":") and where there is a line wrap (via the lack of a ":").
It is possible to jump to line numbers outside of the program Razz
Update time!
This is v16 (I think I skipped a version, but whatever).
I built this one with compression enabled on KEDIT so it's 17558 bytes instead of 33904.
I think I have every single token menu now except for the ICE one, which I plan on adding soon.
I've done some optimizations with the program drawing routine, so your program should scroll a lot faster.
There is now page-up and page-down (up or down arrow while in alpha mode), but page-up is a bit unoptimized and I'll need to overhaul a few things to make it faster.
As always, report bugs as stuff here so I can know about them to fix them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b28WnAZQm4R6BTHyKlUxz5YuOLhD-Ipb

Also, I need some input/feedback on some stuff.
Right now, syntax highlighting isn't complete, there's still some more groups to add in.
I only have three groups: control, numbers, and math.
Please post suggestions on more groups to add, and what tokens go into each group.
Note that a "group" for syntax highlighting is a collection of tokens that will highlight in the same color.

One last thing: I'll be taking a break tomorrow, since I'll likely be spending the entire day installing and setting up a new OS. I won't be in IRC, and won't have time to work on KryptonIDE. That'll only be for tomorrow though.
And to think, you're still ranked on the forum as an Advanced Newbie! This is looking awesome so far!

Are line numbers implemented already? Or are they coming soon?

Also, with syntax highlighting, I think this is a bug because sometimes the colon's on the left are highlighted and sometimes they aren't.

I know syntax highlighting isn't completely done yet, but I'll also point out that the negative symbol in any negative numbers does not get highlighted with the number.
Suggestions:
  • How about an undo button? Razz
  • It should say the line number the cursor is on
  • Stop making the font prompt appear when I click settings in the editor
  • Add a 'go back to previous menu' button so I don't have to restart the key combo if I accidentaly entered the wrong sub-menu

Groups:
  • Strings (other groups like Math should not be highlighted within strings)

• Math
    sin(
    cos(
    etc.
    abs(

• logic
    and
    or
    xor
    not(

• Pic and background vars.

• Graph vars
    anything under 'window...', 'zoom...', 'GDB...'

Bugs:
  • Fast scrolling up freezes program.
    I fast scrolled down
    I slowly moved the cursor to the bottom of the screen
    I fast scrolled the cursor to the top of the screen
    the program froze
  • The setting '[enter] always enters a newline' doesn't appear to work.

It's getting slightly more stable with each release, keep it up! Very Happy
Perhaps you can make quotes and the text they encompass a color. This makes it easier to detect a missing quote. (), [], and {} should be the same color, but the content in between should not be affected. Perhaps ICE tokens can have their own color, that would be nice.

That brings me to my next point, what about making ICE tokes paste from the menu and into the editor in their human friendly format instead of det(. I am not sure how taxing this would be, but it would be nice.
Idk if it's just me, but copy line then pasr doesn't work, neither does select all and paste, is it unimplemented or am I just doing it wrong?
Latest Beta Bug Report:
When you delete an entire program and save, it works. When you then attempt to paste an entire program in, it says "slot returned null".
Warning, if you're using SC, back up your source files as soon as you can! SC has been randomly deleting files and I'd really hate for this project to be put on hold like mine has.
I don't think Kryptonic is using SC, but warning appreciated.

On topic, can KEDIT change its font size? Sometimes the only times I have to program are late at night, and I can barely see Razz. (Contacts are out :/) Also, can KEDIT somehow integrate the ICE [trace] and [graph] hooks? I had to switch back to TI's editor a few times for that. (If there is already, please tell me).

Also, when the cursor gets to the bottom of the screen, it dips on the bottom menu. And it slows down. (like before, but better). Would there be a way to make the scrolling down not slow when it hits the bottom?
jcgter777 wrote:
Also, can KEDIT somehow integrate the ICE [trace] and [graph] hooks? I had to switch back to TI's editor a few times for that. (If there is already, please tell me).

Kryptonic told me that he has a good way to do this sorted out and it is just a matter of time.
Suggestions:
Syntax highlighting for variables such as String, Pic, GDB, etc...
Line number before the colon
Indenting on If, While, Repeat, and other loops
Searching the Recall menu alphabetically
Ability to recall Strings, Matrices, Lists, etc...
ICE sprite drawing tool that activates when a DefineSprite( is typed in ICE prgms
ICE/Cesium icon drawing tool
ICE color palette picker that returns a number or a hex byte
Allow 2nd, Alpha for lowercase letters when setting set to "Capital then Lowercase" and vice-versa
Locking/Unlocking, Unarchiving/Archiving programs

Keep up the great work! Smile Good Idea I can't wait to see more of this program!
Great Job! I am extremely looking forward to this program! I have a few suggestions too though. I think it would be helpful to add a battery indicator in the top right corner. I also think it would be cool if we were able to change the menu background to a color or even a stored image! Otherwise great program!😂
FrankzeeTank wrote:
Great Job! I am extremely looking forward to this program! I have a few suggestions too though. I think it would be helpful to add a battery indicator in the top right corner. I also think it would be cool if we were able to change the menu background to a color or even a stored image! Otherwise great program!😂

The battery indicator is in the top left, like Cesium...
Yeah the battery indicator is kinda hidden in both places. It's also really hard to tell what your battery level actually is. But, making it bigger would mean making other things smaller, so I guess it's fine for now.

On another note, why does it still say Private Beta? Razz It's kinda public now. Very Happy
This is awesome. It's so cool seeing huge projects like this coming together, especially while taking tons of suggestions and feedback from the community.
Keep up the great work!
jcgter777 wrote:
Yeah the battery indicator is kinda hidden in both places. It's also really hard to tell what your battery level actually is. But, making it bigger would mean making other things smaller, so I guess it's fine for now.

On another note, why does it still say Private Beta? Razz It's kinda public now. Very Happy

I'd just pick contrasting colors for the battery indicator FG color and the background/battery indicator border color so it's easier to see it...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours