Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I have now added the status information. At this point all of the game logic is complete.



I need to add a menu of actions to display after the level is complete.
Cool!
Looks great!
I haven't played the mobile game in a while so I don't remember if when you are moving, say a green pipe, and you accidentally break through the blue pipes path, isn't the blue pipes path suppose to immediately clear? Also if you moved the green pipe out of the blue pipes way, does the blue pipe automatically reconnect?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Looks great!
I haven't played the mobile game in a while so I don't remember if when you are moving, say a green pipe, and you accidentally break through the blue pipes path, isn't the blue pipes path suppose to immediately clear? Also if you moved the green pipe out of the blue pipes way, does the blue pipe automatically reconnect?


If the green pipe breaks through the blue pipe, the part of the blue pipe that was drawn after the point at which the break occurs is erased. If you move the green pipe back, the blue pipe would automatically reconnect. The erasing has been fully implemented, but redrawing has not been. I suppose I should work on that as well.

Update:

Everything I had planned to implement is done at this point. I just need to make some minor graphical tweaks to the pack selection menu. Alpha testing also needs to be completed.

If the pipe redrawing feature described above is a decidedly critical feature, I could also add that. TI-FLOW did not include this feature, but FlowCE is a much more accurate recreation of the original so it would make sense to include. This will of course increase the program size and memory requirements, but I hope to make some compensatory optimizations elsewhere.
I compiled the source on GitHub, but there aren't any levels. How do I make a level? Or is it included somewhere?
jcgter777 wrote:
I compiled the source on GitHub, but thr=ere aren't any levels. How do I make a level? Or is it included somewhere?


I will release some levels in a few days. In the mean time, you can reverse engineer the AppVar structure from the code to make your own level packs.

Update:

Pipe redrawing is working!


Update 2:
I added Rainbow.8xv to the repository in case people want to test: https://github.com/JonathanBush/FlowCE
If you find any bugs (or things that don't seem quite right) please create an issue or let me know about it in the thread.
Thanks! Can you edit my post? "thr=ere" to there?
I'll delete this later.

EDIT: Your quote of my post?Very Happy
Oh wow! I loved flow for the CSE but it had too many bugs and was extremely slow. Although I'm a CSE developer, I wish I could learn how to make stuff for the CE.
A lot of CE basic programs can work on the CSE, and vice versa, but not all. Some require libraries, a shell, or new/different commands. Asm programs cannot be run on both, but they can be ported, things like Calcuzap, CMonster, and Doors.

jonbush: I built flow yesterday and installed the appvar today. After I complete a flow, it still allows me to move away from it. Do I need to build again?

EDIT: I built it again, and it works! FlowCE++

EDIT#2: On the first level of the Rainbow pack, it's still only one yellow dot.

This game is so addicting!
jcgter777 wrote:

EDIT#2: On the first level of the Rainbow pack, it's still only one yellow dot.


Can anyone else replicate this? It is showing up fine for me.
It works fine now.

EDIT: I think that after you go to level selection from like level 30, you should go back to that page. Also, could there be a locked/unlocked feature, like I complete level 1 and levels 2&3 are unlocked?

How hard would it be to make code that could automatically randomize the puzzle?

Feature request:
-lock/unlock mentioned above
-key repeats on level selection screen
-faster key repeats (maybe?)

If any of these are stupid, quote it and cross it out.


P.S.
This is legit the best game I've ever played on calc since Oiram.
jcgter777 wrote:
It works fine now.

EDIT: I think that after you go to level selection from like level 30, you should go back to that page. Also, could there be a locked/unlocked feature, like I complete level 1 and levels 2&3 are unlocked?

How hard would it be to make code that could automatically randomize the puzzle?

Feature request:
-lock/unlock mentioned above
-key repeats on level selection screen
-faster key repeats (maybe?)

If any of these are stupid, quote it and cross it out.


P.S.
This is legit the best game I've ever played on calc since Oiram.


Thank you for your feedback! I will add the key repeat on the level selection screen. I increased the key repeat speed a bit in my latest commit.

The original Flow Free allows you to play any level in any order, so I may or may not add the lock/unlock feature. In my game TI-FLOW levels could only be played in order which increased the challenge. Please discuss this option below.
The lock/unlock should only be implemented if levels increase in difficulty, but in Rainbow, they don't, so I guess not yet. Also, you should make a fancy homescreen. I think that such a cool game needs a cool menu. Also, can you give me the google drive link for the files? Building it takes so long because I use TI-Planet's C Project Builder.


EDIT: I wouldn't want to ruin the likeness of the old game, so it doesn't need to be implemented.


A bug I found:
After I did a few "bad flows", I restarted, or "Tried Again", and i messed up again, but went back and reset most of the flow, and another one popped out of nowhere. More specifically, in my new flow, i went right and down, and up and hit the original line and cut it. That was when the bug occurred.
jcgter777 wrote:
The lock/unlock should only be implemented if levels increase in difficulty, but in Rainbow, they don't, so I guess not yet. Also, you should make a fancy homescreen. I think that such a cool game needs a cool menu. Also, can you give me the google drive link for the files? Building it takes so long because I use TI-Planet's C Project Builder.


EDIT: I wouldn't want to ruin the likeness of the old game, so it doesn't need to be implemented.


A bug I found:
After I did a few "bad flows", I restarted, or "Tried Again", and i messed up again, but went back and reset most of the flow, and another one popped out of nowhere. More specifically, in my new flow, i went right and down, and up and hit the original line and cut it. That was when the bug occurred.


That error is hopefully fixed now. Please try it with this version.
jonbush wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
The lock/unlock should only be implemented if levels increase in difficulty, but in Rainbow, they don't, so I guess not yet. Also, you should make a fancy homescreen. I think that such a cool game needs a cool menu. Also, can you give me the google drive link for the files? Building it takes so long because I use TI-Planet's C Project Builder.


EDIT: I wouldn't want to ruin the likeness of the old game, so it doesn't need to be implemented.


A bug I found:
After I did a few "bad flows", I restarted, or "Tried Again", and i messed up again, but went back and reset most of the flow, and another one popped out of nowhere. More specifically, in my new flow, i went right and down, and up and hit the original line and cut it. That was when the bug occurred.


That error is hopefully fixed now. Please try it with this version.



Thanks!

Just so you know what it looks like, here's a pic I took. (Not very good)



and




Also, a few things:

    -An option to skip a level, like browsing.
    -When exiting a level, go to the level selection screen that includes that level
    -If I know how, I can make an icon
    -Add "Clear current flow" option when pressing clear ( or anything else, like clear current flow when del is pressed)
    -Be able to change background to white?
    -Make the start a small yellow star on the top right (not really necessary)
    -When updating, do I need to change the appvars? (I don't think so)
jcgter777 wrote:
jonbush wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
The lock/unlock should only be implemented if levels increase in difficulty, but in Rainbow, they don't, so I guess not yet. Also, you should make a fancy homescreen. I think that such a cool game needs a cool menu. Also, can you give me the google drive link for the files? Building it takes so long because I use TI-Planet's C Project Builder.


EDIT: I wouldn't want to ruin the likeness of the old game, so it doesn't need to be implemented.


A bug I found:
After I did a few "bad flows", I restarted, or "Tried Again", and i messed up again, but went back and reset most of the flow, and another one popped out of nowhere. More specifically, in my new flow, i went right and down, and up and hit the original line and cut it. That was when the bug occurred.


That error is hopefully fixed now. Please try it with this version.



Thanks!

Just so you know what it looks like, here's a pic I took. (Not very good)



and




Also, a few things:

    -An option to skip a level, like browsing.
    -When exiting a level, go to the level selection screen that includes that level
    -If I know how, I can make an icon
    -Add "Clear current flow" option when pressing clear ( or anything else, like clear current flow when del is pressed)
    -Be able to change background to white?
    -Make the start a small yellow star on the top right (not really necessary)
    -When updating, do I need to change the appvars? (I don't think so)


Thank you for reporting this error. I experienced something similar before, but wasn't able to identify the problem at the time. I determined that this is likely due to the "path memory" not being cleared when the level is reset. I added a call to clearPathMemory() after a selection is made on the Options menu, which should hopefully resolve this issue. This version should be linked above. Please let me know if the issue still occurs.


    -The first three items should be easy to implement.
    -You can clear the current flow simply by selecting one of the dots of that color.
    -The background cannot be white since there are white flows in some of the larger levels (I suppose I could swap that with black though) and many other things would need to be changed.
    -I can add the small star. I have been planning on adding stars to the pack selection screen for packs in which all levels have been completed perfectly, so I can reuse the same star.
    -You do not need to change the appvars when updating.
Thanks! Also, how hard would it be to make a hint feature?
jcgter777 wrote:
Thanks! Also, how hard would it be to make a hint feature?


I think this would be pretty difficult, since the game doesn't know anything about specific solutions to the levels. It simply checks if the number of completed flows is equal to the total number of flows and if all spaces on the board are filled to determine if the level has been completed or not.

Hints also take away part of the challenge.
You could have bridges which allow intersecting colors and (I don't know what to call it) dots that require a color to go through it for the level to complete.
jonbush wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
Thanks! Also, how hard would it be to make a hint feature?


I think this would be pretty difficult, since the game doesn't know anything about specific solutions to the levels. It simply checks if the number of completed flows is equal to the total number of flows and if all spaces on the board are filled to determine if the level has been completed or not.

Hints also take away part of the challenge.


Okay, then!

If you ever did want to implement that, you could just add the solution to each level?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement