JWinslow23 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
There are none of the black boxes, only reflectors, your character, and the destination.

What model are you playing on? Perhaps it could be an oddity with a certain model I don't have.

What do you mean?
He means what calc, as the game can run an monochrome calcs too!
I use a TI-84+CE OS 5.3.

All other versions worked fine, though.

I also reset my calculator, but to no avail.
I have not ran into this error, i have a ce with the same os. hope it gets resolved! Smile
Maybe it's an issue with the inverted equals character. I have no idea, but I hope it gets resolved!
try resending the program,if that doesn't work, I have no Idea what the problem could be. Smile
It works now. I re downloaded it and resent it.

A new bug. I created a new level, stored it in LDES, but when I load it, it's like level 7 or 6 in the original pack, not the one I created.
That is not a problem on my calc... mine loads just fine, try renaming it to something else.
john35588 wrote:
That is not a problem on my calc... mine loads just fine, try renaming it to something else.

That didn't work. It's still a different level.
Just a suggestion: have you tried pre-processing, then displaying the sub-strings?
This could make the display routine a lot faster.
Code:

Code:
Output(1,1,"LOADING"
For(X,1,dim(|LLEVEL
//Convert |LLEVEL(X) to the desired character
sub(" *",|LLEVEL(X
Str1+Ans->Str1
End
For(Y,1,10  //number of lines on CE/CSE
Output(Y,1,sub(Str1,26*Y-26,26
End
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
Just a suggestion: have you tried pre-processing, then displaying the sub-strings?
This could make the display routine a lot faster.
Code:

Code:
Output(1,1,"LOADING"
For(X,1,dim(|LLEVEL
//Convert |LLEVEL(X) to the desired character
sub(" *",|LLEVEL(X
Str1+Ans->Str1
End
For(Y,1,10  //number of lines on CE/CSE
Output(Y,1,sub(Str1,26*Y-26,26
End

So, instead of displaying each block individually as the level is loaded, first store them in a string, and then output that string every time you die or the level is re-loaded instead of loading again? I think this is a good idea (and if I were using the graphscreen, this would be similar to StorePic and RecallPic), but let's see where this goes first.
Bump.

This is now a full, complete game! It is 15 levels long, but as you should know by now, you can play for as long as you like with the custom level editor!

Download here, and level editor here. Cemetech and TICalc downloads will come soon (but TI-Planet will have to wait for the French translation Razz ).
Great work! You managed to get this project completed quite fast Smile
Thanks JamesV!

Oh, and I would like to announce that Descent has already been accepted on Cemetech and TICalc! Now to wait until someone other than me completes it from start to finish.
I did!

I enjoyed it, too.

Time (minus animations/game level loading): 1m 40s!
Sad Bug Report by jcgter777 ALERT!!!

The reflectors don't work as intended. They make you bounce back instead of perpendicular to you starting path. (or is it just me and my dumb calc?)
only the "/" and "" should do the perpendicular thing. I think the "|"'s are the only ones to bounce you back, like how you said.
No, the "/"s and ""s bounce back, which is the error I'm talking about, and I've played the older versions without ant such bug.
The diagonal lines are the reflectors, which are supposed to bounce you perpendicular to how you are currently going. The horizontal lines are the collapsers, which act like a wall if moving parallel to them, but you may pass through them if moving perpendicular to them, after which they collapse the two blocks next to them.

jcgter777, I am able to reproduce your issue. I must have edited something I shouldn't have. I will update immediately!
I thought that it might have just my calc, but it turns out that it wasn't.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours