My calculator's OS got deleted last night and when I sent the OS to the calculator this morning it works, but it says I have no room left in my archive, even though sending the OS deleted all my ram and archive. Has anyone had this problem before that can help me? Thanks!
I think that the OS being deleted was either the pre-release of Cesium, or the new OS.
Turn the calculator off and press and hold [2nd][del][reset], and from that menu press the [clear] button. You can then resend the OS.
I will try after school. thanks

EDIT: Ok, I sent the new OS and now the calculator is just a blank white screen. it has been this way for about 5 min.
john35588 wrote:
EDIT: Ok, I sent the new OS and now the calculator is just a blank white screen. it has been this way for about 5 min.

Follow the same procedure and try again Smile
I cannot turn it off
john35588 wrote:
I cannot turn it off

You don't need to turn it off; press and hold the same sequence.
It is still a blank screen
And TI connect does not recognize it.
john35588 wrote:
It is still a blank screen
And TI connect does not recognize it.

It will not recognize it until you get back to the installation screen. What you need to do is press and hold [2nd][del][reset], and wait until it takes you back. If that doesn't work; remove the battery and try again.
took the battery out, still blank screen
When you get to the OS installation screen, clear the storage multiple times, and then send the OS.
If none of these work, contact TI at ti-cares@ti.com.
I got it to work my calc. is now back to normal (minus the games) but thanks!
You are very welcome!
That happened to me like 2 weeks ago, and when I contacted TI, they didn't really tell me much. I probably cleared all storage like 10 times.
(btw sorry for the double post, I forgot to edit my earlier comment).
that's fine I feel like sometimes it is not TI that are the experts, it is the people who work on websites like this.
john35588 wrote:
that's fine I feel like sometimes it is not TI that are the experts, it is the people who work on websites like this.

Very much agreeable. The TI support pages have WAY less info that what these people (like the people on Cemetech) have. And besides, TI just wants to sell calcs, such as TI-73 TI-83+ TI-83+ SE TI-84+ TI-84+ SE TI-86 TI-89 . They don't care if something goes wrong, because they know that most people will contact TI, and they will say "Too bad, you'll need a replacement.". That's their goal: To get you to spend, spend, and spend. TI probably hates the calc experts because they [the experts] are not only pushing the boundaries of what graphing calculators can do, but also offering easy and free solutions to fix a calc that would otherwise have to have been replaced if the owner talked to TI and TI only.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours