For this game, I don't know whats wrong but I only get fish to come one time and then no fish comes again. I don't know why this happens because in the screenshot, the high score is 98 when I can only get like up to 21
Can we have more info? (Code, language (BASIC or ASM or C), what you've tried, etc.) Anything could be helpful. If it's BASIC, many people (like me) could help.

EDIT, just realized that it's someone else's, try contacting them.
Please, please take this post lightly and not in a mean way. I'm not trying to make fun of #Tankidaboss and SM84CE, or anything like that. I'm trying to present information in a way that is... interesting...

#Tankidaboss wrote:
For this game, I don't know whats wrong but I only get fish to come one time and then no fish comes again. I don't know why this happens because in the screenshot, the high score is 98 when I can only get like up to 21

I recommend putting bug reports in the actual thread, as it took me exactly 44.93 seconds to:

1) Switch tabs from my stopwatch to this Cemetech thread.
2) Navigate my cursor to the search bar.
3) Type and enter "Fishy CE"
4) Find the thread that is related to the subject.
5) Switch back to the stopwatch tab and stop it.

SM84CE wrote:
Can we have more info? (Code, language (BASIC or ASM or C), what you've tried, etc.) Anything could be helpful. If it's BASIC, many people (like me) could help.

It clearly states that this is a game by someone else, and it's in ASM, as indicated by:

1) A quick search in the forum, tutorial is above
2) A look at where this is posted.

Also, there are many ASM programmers here. It just seems like there aren't as many because most of them are:

1) Sensible, and not spending ~1-2 hours a day lingering on Cemetech (*cough* unlike me *cough*)
2) Working on projects.
3) Helping other people.
4) Letting you solve your problem yourself. It's called teaching, and it's how we, as human beings, learn.
5) The really active ones probably don't care about your hello world program Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for my arrogant/passive-aggressive post, I tried to tone it down a little.
But I’m Not a super expert like you. Sad But yeah I should go into the actual post. Thanks
#Tankidaboss wrote:

In the future, please post this to the relevant project thread. Had I not been online to catch the highlight in IRC, I would've completely missed this notice. I'm starting to have an idea how even after over two weeks and a thousand downloads I'm only hearing this for the first time if this is how people report bugs.

Anyhoo.

I took a look and found that the included .8xp file is, indeed, broken. When I took a file diff between that and what the enclosed source builds to, the result do not match, which leads me to believe that I copied an earlier non-working version to the root directory.

I apologize for that. I just uploaded an update and is pending approval. In the meantime, I took this as an excuse to upload even more things to GitHub. Check it out there, and let me know in the main project thread if there's any other problems. Or suggestions.
Is this like agar.io, but a little different and with fish? Wink Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours