why don't you implement raycasting into the environment? so it only renders visible and needed parts. I think this will greatly improve the load times and reduce lag significantly.
Any downloads available for this yet?
Alvajoy123 this is not raycasting. As such, adding a occlusion based on raycasting is harder and much more complex to do, even if it could indeed in theoy help rendering times.

ACagliano : there are various demo's available. If you need the source, it is on github (however, it is not yet C/C++ compatible, but I have recently converted the whole library to be compiled by fasmg instead of spasm and started to clean up the source code. It is on fasmg branch).
how to compile this? i would love seeing this runnning Graphing Calculator
Finally got around quirks and implemented mip-mapping :

I also optimized quite some part of the library as a part as a full overhaul of the poor rooting code - conversion to fasmg lead only good.
A simple vertex transform stand now at 1600 cycles - or about 30000 vx/s at 48Mhz, which sound more than reasonable Smile
Looking good~! Smile

In my own prototype I manage to get away with this matrix code by limiting the distance any point can be from the player to 8 bit range Smile

Code:

; Multiplies a vertex by a matrix row
; sp = sp+6
; iy = result
;ix = vertex pointer
;sp = matrix pointer
;hl = return address
; ~300 cycles in fastRam

matrixRowMultiply:
   exx      
   ld iy,0

ld hl,(x)
   pop bc   
   dec sp
   ld d,l
   ld e,c     
   ld l,c
   ld c,d
   mlt hl
   mlt de
   mlt bc
   ld a,d
   add a,c
   add a,l
   ld d,a
   add iy,de

ld hl,(y)
   pop bc      
   dec sp
   ld d,l         
   ld e,c     
   ld l,c
   ld c,d
   mlt hl
   mlt de
   mlt bc
   ld a,d
   add a,c
   add a,l
   ld d,a
   add iy,de

ld hl,(z)
   pop bc
   dec sp
   ld d,l
   ld e,c     
   ld l,c
   ld c,d
   mlt hl
   mlt de
   mlt bc
   ld a,d
   add a,c
   add a,l
   ld d,a
   add iy,de

exx
   jp (hl)

The matrix is stored z row first sequentially for early exit stuff.
Been distracted lately by school, glad to know you've been working on this a lot Smile
Glad to hear that you are working on your prototype ! This code is looking great.

I actually have an extended precision for point at -65535,65535 and for matrix at -64,64. The whole matrix * vector is currently standing at ~900 cycles while reading vertex data from flash - but I think there's still some optimisation left (as always !)

The rest of vertex transform is composed of projection, vertex frustrum culling and vertex scissoring. Always wanted to do early z, but this a clipping never let me do it Razz
Gotta agree with tr1p -- definitely the most awesome thing I have EVER seen on a CE. I'm working on (read: have thought about starting) a project which is basically PuzzleScript for the CE. Perhaps I could make a generalized 3D version and use this renderer?

Yay one more thing on my plate for me o worry about not finishing...
TheMachine02 wrote:
If you need the source, it is on github (however, it is not yet C/C++ compatible...

Any idea on when it might be C/C++ compatible, and/or a libload library, if you plan that at all?
Main issue to resolve to make it properly C/C++ compatible is all the memory shenanigans initally made within the library in order to have full 64K aligned access and other goodies (for exemple, texture space reside in $D30000). And that doesn't play particulary well with countless stuff in the toolchain
Heya TheMachine02 long time no see. Did you have any free time to play around with Virtual3D in recent months? Smile
This is bluffing (with bluffing I mean it's crazy how this is possible and it's so cool)
bruh when i download it i cant use it because the file size is too large, even wen i delete everything, its too big. Can someone help me with this? Confused

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours