Since no one's mentioned it, I hear MOS is going open-source. Is this true, and if so, can you just copy-paste the routines into DCS source?
we mentioned it earlier, but DetachedSolutions has been *strangely* slow about actually implementing their plan.

plus its cooler if Kerm codes them himself.

[edit]

do you have these routines Kerm? http://www.detachedsolutions.com/forum/t/1259/
jpez wrote:
Since no one's mentioned it, I hear MOS is going open-source. Is this true, and if so, can you just copy-paste the routines into DCS source?

They *CLAIM* it is already open source, and that sourceforge is taking forever in putting up the page. I think they have no intention whatsoever of going open source, and just said that to get into google's Summer of Code, because there is no way sourceforge takes 1+ month(s) in approving a project. I know of projects that have been created/approved since MOS has supposedly gone open source (Tablet 83, for example)
jpez: theoretically, but they refuse to release them, even when I specifically asked them for them.

elfprince: I have _all_ the routines - I wrote them Smile Those are emulated as "ret" though. Smile

Kllrnohj: I agree that they have no intention of releasing the routines.
KermMartian wrote:
CalcMan06 wrote:
But what about BASIC programs that are Mirage compatible?
Those have worked fine since v4. Smile I like the idea of some kind of cool interpreted lang for 7.
Maybe you could develop MLC for the 83/84+ and make it so MLC programs are only DCS compatible. More incentive for programmers to use DCS.
something1990 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CalcMan06 wrote:
But what about BASIC programs that are Mirage compatible?
Those have worked fine since v4. Smile I like the idea of some kind of cool interpreted lang for 7.
Maybe you could develop MLC for the 83/84+ and make it so MLC programs are only DCS compatible. More incentive for programmers to use DCS.

What is MLC?
It's an interpreted language that's been developped for a few calcs. There's a Casio version and Bfr is working on an 86 version, but the group developping MLC died out before working on an 83/84+ version.
Isn't that the one with the grayscale built in? I think I saw some beta apps from them, and it looked pretty sweet. Let me see if I can find the website for it.
I've got you covered. A google search
First two links are borked; you have to use the cached thing. Also, here's the TI-86 version:
http://62.65.69.4/archives/files/fileinfo/364/36427.html
The MLC 3.0 is under development by bfr for the 83+ iirc.

then there is FastRPL, and that language by DetachedSolutions, none of which are done yet.
FastRPL, that's the language that I saw. Looks quite 1337 imho.
Last I heard, Bfr is developping it for the 86. He was considering starting development on the 83+.
something1990 wrote:
Last I heard, Bfr is developping it for the 86. He was considering starting development on the 83+.
Yeah, that's why he was asking me about making apps. Well, good luck to him then. I hope it works out.
*bump* I believe I have found the reason that MOS routines are crashing. They seem to have a problem calling back the Ion routines that are on Page 0 of the app; they are on Page 1. I believe the trouble may be somewhere within the TI-OS's routines; anyway, I will trace through it after work tomorrow and see where I can get. For now, I might consider a quick-and-dirty workaround test where I clone the Ion routines onto page 1. In fact, I might end up doing that anyway, because it would be much faster, yet I still want to be able to do reverse lateral page calls correctly. Stay tuned.
Will do. I know how annoying page flipping can be. Wink
This may sound stupid (and it probably is), but couldn't you just put ALL the routines, including all the DCS ones, on one page? (like, say, page 1)
Well, at least the ion and Mirage ones. if DCS are independent, then you should probably just put those on the second page.
Kllrnohj: because all the routines are linked up in some way. If I tried to put them all on one page, it wouldn't fit.

Liazon: They're not though. Some of the GUIStack stuff and MOS stuff rely on core routines.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours