Hey everyone, I've made a video on how to fix many of the common errors I've seen posted here at Cemetech and on YouTube. Idea
These problems include:
  • Wrong TI-Connect
  • Connectivity Error
  • 'Failure to Send' Errors
  • Syntax Error
  • Invalid Error
  • Memory Error
  • Need LibLoad Error
  • Outdated Library Error
  • ReadMe Error
  • And too many more to post here, please check the description of the videos to get a time-stamp of your errors location.

On the left is the version 2 of 'how to fix errors' video, on the right is the 'how to send files' video

For history sake, you can view the old 'how to fix errors' video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APpCnVCp0mw&feature=youtu.be

One thing I'm having trouble remembering/ finding is what do you do if your connectivity drivers are broken. I remember somehow you needed to reinstall them, but I cant find out how. Any help with this would be appreciated. Smile
If you're experiencing driver issues on TI-Connect CE, then just reinstall it. Don't mess with the drivers settings. (Thanks MateoC and Caleb_J!)
Also feel free to suggest problems I should address in the video!

I've added a "how to send files to your calculator" Very Happy
Wow, this went a lot faster than I anticipated!
Here's a beta video, I know I misspelled "calculator" way too many times and I've been working on correcting those issues. I'd like to hear your feedback on this.
Video
This is good, and would be quite useful for your average joe calculator user. I suggest adding YT annotations at the beginning which skip to different error types. That way people don't have to wait for their error to come across.
CalcMeister wrote:
This is good, and would be quite useful for your average joe calculator user. I suggest adding YT annotations at the beginning which skip to different error types. That way people don't have to wait for their error to come across.

YouTube is removing/has removed the ability to add annotations.

The best way to do this now is as follows:

1) add a message to the beginning saying "Links to individual errors and solutions in description"
2) add timestamps (i.e. 4:20 if you want to link to four minutes and twenty seconds into the video.) into the description.
Way ahead of you guys Laughing
I added a message in the very start of the video saying: "Look at the description for an index"
Then I went across every error and documented what time it appeared and put that in the description.

My video is now live! (read the first post) Very Happy
Nice video! This should hopefully save me from a bunch of future questions on my channel.
The only problem I foresee is that YouTube might not promote the video all that much, as it is unlikely to have a high audience retention, especially with the index.
andressevilla wrote:
Nice video! This should hopefully save me from a bunch of future questions on my channel.
The only problem I foresee is that YouTube might not promote the video all that much, as it is unlikely to have a high audience retention, especially with the index.

Hmm, I see your point. Sad
Maybe I can be one of those cringy self-advertisers!

Just Joking
Advertising would help, though I'm not sure how to do that since I don't have any social media.
I can help.

You will want to add LOTS of tags like:
-CE not working
-Add games to calc
-Need libload
-transfer error

Imagine that you are a non-technical person, and tag it with what you would write, if you had this problem.

I do not have that large of a channel, but I can link to your video at the bottom of all of my calculator/programming videos.

I also recommend going to other calc sites (like TI-Planet and ticalc), and cross-posting the first post in this thread over there.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I can help.

You will want to add LOTS of tags like:
-CE not working
-Add games to calc
-Need libload
-transfer error

Great Idea! I now have over 20 tags Razz

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I do not have that large of a channel, but I can link to your video at the bottom of all of my calculator/programming videos.

That would be greatly appreciated!

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I also recommend going to other calc sites (like TI-Planet and ticalc), and cross-posting the first post in this thread over there.

Also great idea! I did this with CW, but I didn't think of those sites. Now I have to remember my login...

_iPhoenix_++ You deserve it!
I pinned your video as the top comment in my "Put Games on TI84 Plus CE" video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7v5pNR-dY ) , so that will hopefully give you some publicity (and less questions for me to answer Razz ).

Self advertising could work, but probably not on YouTube. Your comments are blocked all the time on my channel, because links trigger an automatic block.
Thank you! I hope it does solve many questions people commonly ask! Very Happy

Is the link-block thing active across all YouTube channels?
I think it might be set by default, but I'm not totally certain. I have the box checked to stop people from posting links to sketchy websites.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
One thing I'm having trouble remembering/ finding is what do you do if your connectivity drivers are broken. I remember somehow you needed to reinstall them, but I cant find out how. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I still haven't figured this out and there is already someone experiencing broken driver issues. Help please? Smile
Drivers are really only useful if you have the older TI Connect. A reinstall of TI Connect CE will fix driver issues. Otherwise, for the older version it requires you to go to Programs and Updates and uninstall the driver files that were installed, and then reinstall TI Connect. It's super easy.
About the connectivity drivers:

I believe that there is an option to have Windows auto-install the drivers, but only:

1) it is connect to the interwebs, and
2) the option is on.

Cause every time I plug in my calc on a new computer that runs Windows, I see in the bottom right corner "Installing drivers".

If not, then I have no idea.

Also, I think Mateo is correct.
Caleb_J wrote:
About the connectivity drivers:

I believe that there is an option to have Windows auto-install the drivers, but only:

1) it is connect to the interwebs, and
2) the option is on.

Cause every time I plug in my calc on a new computer that runs Windows, I see in the bottom right corner "Installing drivers".

Drivers are installed from the device/TIConnect; not from the internet. It's usually suitable to turn this option off for calculators.
I didn't feel like making a new topic for something that's not very unique.
I made a tutorial on how to send files to your calculator. I know Kerm and ti84 Calcwiz already have the best, most used ones out there. But I'm tired of seeing cruddy tutorials out on YouTube that are completely unhelpful (and Alex told me now's my chance to make a better one).
Before I upload it to YouTube however, I wanted the community to give their opinion on it. Tell me if I misspelled any word, or skipped any steps that may be useful, or if anything is confusing.
Here is a link to the video! (The quality may be poor since I compressed this to 20% its original size)
"Comprehensive" is spelled wrong.

"Pick" at around 2:45 should be "Picks" because grammar.

"Touble shooter" should be "Trouble-Shooting"

Add "no calculators were harmed in the making of this video" to the credits for brownie points Smile
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
"Comprehensive" is spelled wrong.

"Pick" at around 2:45 should be "Picks" because grammar.

"Touble shooter" should be "Trouble-Shooting"

Add "no calculators were harmed in the making of this video" to the credits for brownie points Smile

Fixed!
Except for that last one, I can't put that in my video! I'd be lying! Razz

Thanks for the corrections!
I've uploaded the video! It has one small error where a caption go deleted for some reason, but other than that, it's (nearly) perfect!
Feel free to leave any feed back! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours