TI has held many a contest in the recent past that we've passed along to you, and with Back-to-School underway (perhaps even nearly over), this Fall is no different. TI Education is currently holding a #GenSTEM Contest. A little bit of background:
Quote:
The goal is to help get more kids excited about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) subjects as they head back to school. We want to show today’s generation of STEM students (#GenSTEM) that whatever they are in to, whether it’s cooking or fashion or football, STEM is in it too.
We certainly support that goal here, given what we do to teach programming and electronics to high school students and others, and we're also pleased when our members can get free calculators to make more cool programs and projects. You can enter to win a TI-84 Plus CE once a day by going through a quiz (oddly enough, it keeps telling me I'm a Maker), and you can also enter to win a $500 gift card by sharing a photo of STEM in action on social media and tagging it #GenSTEM. Take a look at the contest link for more information.
TI should do another STEMnauts competition that involves skill and doesn't include taking pictures of random stuff that have little to do with STEM. Evil or Very Mad

I did complete the quiz though. I got Stem Maker. /me feels special Razz
I got maker too... I think we all did. I wish TI would host a REAL competition, like our Cemetech Contests.
Wow I'm a Maker! I'm so unique! Razz

Anyways, I've entered with all my 10 emails.

Just Joking
Anyways, I did enter. Now lets see if I win or get struck by lightning first.

EDIT: hmm, submitting a picture is going to be a little difficult as I don't do Twitter nor Instagram...
This looks incredibly easy to enter! Take a photo of your calculator at school, next to some homework, or a some lab beakers.

TheLastMillennial wrote:
EDIT: hmm, submitting a picture is going to be a little difficult as I don't do Twitter nor Instagram...

And you call yourself TheLastMillennial. For shame. Laughing
Guess who else is a maker?

And I have no plans of entering, I value my privacy.
A friendly reminder that there's only about a week of this contest left! Enter now or forever hold your peace.
TheLastMillennial wrote:

Now lets see if I win or get struck by lightning first.

What if you win by getting struck by lightning?

Also, I can't enter, thanks to a firewall. But I think I'm also a nonunique Maker.
How does a person find out whether or not he/she won something?
Switchblade wrote:
How does a person find out whether or not he/she won something?

TI will send you an email if you won.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours