I am not the original creator of this program, I only created and implemented the loading code into tifreak8x's DCS8IC program.

The Doors CS 9 Icon Creator (DCS9IC)! This program will work on the CSE (although not tested thoroughly) and CE (extensively tested). With this program you can easily make cool icons to show up in Cesium, Doors CS 8, and the upcoming Doors CS 9.

Download DCS9IC!

Load:
This feature is new to DS9IC, you can now load an icon you created earlier to improve on! do this by: Storing the hexadecimal code to Str0, then running prgmDCS9IC and choosing 'Load'.

Other new features:
*You can now use [Enter] and [2nd] to place points
*When you in the 'File' options (where it says Load New >Hex Quit) you can now use [>] along with [Clear] to get back to drawing.
*Your graph screen is restored to it's original state when quitting the program.
*If you had anything in the Y= it no longer will graph any lines when activating the program.

Made with DCS9IC:

Code:
"3333333333333333A333222222223333AAA22222222223333AAA23333332223333AAA333333322333AAA33333333333333AAA33333333333332AAA3333A333333322AAA33AAA333333223AAAAAAAA333332233AAA33AAA333322333A3333AAA33322233333322AAA333222222222233A33332222222333333333333333333333"

Why is this image so massive?

Code:
"0BBB000000000000BBBBBB000B000000BB333B3330B00000B3BB939BB30B0000B3B91319B30B0000039113119330B0000B333E333EE3B000B33EEEEEEEEE30003033EEEEEEEE3B0030303EEEEEEE3B0030303EEEEEEEE30030303EEE33EEE300B3B3EEEEEE3EEE300B3EE3EEEEE3EEE303EE3033EE303EE30333000033000330"

Feel free to post any bugs or suggestions here!
Cool! you should add more drawing tools like a rectangle maker and a line maker or something, but it looks nice, with a simple gui! You seem to have worked out the bin to hex converter as well.

Psst. If you have a CE, try this
That's a great idea! I don't know how soon I'll start working on that though.

I'd love to use your program, but I don't use ICE. Sad
I'll still try it out though Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I don't use ICE. Sad
Translation: I have never lived.

Portal to heaven
MateoC's version of the portal to heaven
This thing is pretty sweet! Smile I really like how you can load previous icons; I feel that improves the program by at least 100x. The one thing I wish more people would try is self modifying icons Razz But I don't think anything other than C and assembly supports that sadly Sad
MateoConLechuga wrote:
This thing is pretty sweet! Smile I really like how you can load previous icons; I feel that improves the program by at least 100x. The one thing I wish more people would try is self modifying icons Razz But I don't think anything other than C and assembly supports that sadly Sad
Self modifying icons? What are those?
Why does it have the title "Doors CS 8 Icon Creator" instead of 9 in the archives? Razz

Other than that, this is a great program, great job expanding on this! Very Happy
Battlesquid wrote:
Why does it have the title "Doors CS 8 Icon Creator" instead of 9 in the archives? Razz

Other than that, this is a great program, great job expanding on this! Very Happy

Because at the time I recoded the gifs I thought that tifreak would just update DCS8IC. I changed the name right before I submitted it to the archives and was to lazy to redo the gifs. Laughing
I'll admit, I was more than a little miffed when I saw this accepted into the Archives. Although it's not that popular yet, and DCS9IC I (probably biasedly) still think has a better UI, I've decided to add a feature that will enlarge the icon! Pressing [zoom] will either make the icon bigger or shrink it.

An awesome feature I've implemented is a recovery system! Accidentally pressed [ON]? Well just run the program again and the program will ask you if you want to load that recovery! It will also fix itself if matrix A does not exist.

Here's a screenshot of me zooming in and out. I assure you it's a faster and a lot smoother on-calc. (Dang ICE ruining all my "r"s)

This is still an early version (hence the Error at the end of the GIF). I still need to get the cursor movement working in enlarged mode and I also need to get the boarders working. I hope to release this soon! Then I can focus on my HDpic program again.
That looks really nice! How does the recovery system work? Does it just automatically save?
hehe, I have that same issue, I meant to fix it, but oh well.... (CC21 and my laziness Razz)
jcgter777 wrote:
That looks really nice! How does the recovery system work? Does it just automatically save?
Yes! Every time you place down a point it saves! I suppose I should show this off. Here's the recovery in action directly after the error occurred (in the GIF in my previous post)
Again, this is much faster on-calc, I don't know why it's so slow in these APNGs
Saving each point makes sense. Does it slow it down at all, as in does the saving of the points make it any slower?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Again, this is much faster on-calc, I don't know why it's so slow in these APNGs

This is (was) a bug in CEmu's APNG things that was introduced at some point, and solved since then - it will be part of v1.1, but should already be good in current development builds (jacobly's MinGW one at least).
Also the speed difference is related to your computer/emulation, for me it was too fast, for instance.
Thanks Adriweb, I'll probably update later today.

jcgter777: No, it doesn't slow it down at all, it's doing the same things it always did, I only recently figured out that I could use it as a recovery feature. Smile
Honestly, this is an improvement, but my Icon maker remains better, as mine doesn't require you zoom into the image, its already a massive display, as for the tiny icon display on the bottom, my program doesn't need that as the display is massive enough, (why do you need a smaller pixilated version anyway?)
coolcrab123 wrote:
Honestly, this is an improvement, but my Icon maker remains better, as mine doesn't require you zoom into the image, its already a massive display, as for the tiny icon display on the bottom, my program doesn't need that as the display is massive enough, (why do you need a smaller pixilated version anyway?)
oooh them fightn' words! Laughing
I would have to argue, since although the larger display is easier to make out detail, I find the smaller size is better for seeing the over all image, I believe it's also the same size as what Doors displays. The puny display at the bottom shows what the icon will look like when it's shown in Cesium. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:
oooh them fightn' words! 0x5
I would have to argue, since although the larger display is easier to make out detail, I find the smaller size is better for seeing the over all image, I believe it's also the same size as what Doors displays. The puny display at the bottom shows what the icon will look like when it's shown in Cesium. Smile

But why make a zoom feature, when you can just make it a big display in the first place? Question I'm updating my Icon maker soon with a horizontal/ vertical line feature and an auto save feature, (just an extra line of code)
coolcrab wrote:

But why make a zoom feature, when you can just make it a big display in the first place? Question I'm updating my Icon maker soon with a horizontal/ vertical line feature and an auto save feature, (just an extra line of code)

TLM wrote:
I find the smaller size is better for seeing the over all image, I believe it's also the same size as what Doors displays.

Wink

coolcrab wrote:
I'm updating my Icon maker soon with a horizontal/ vertical line feature and an auto save feature, (just an extra line of code)
All that with just a single line of code? Impressive. Razz
coolcrab123 wrote:
Honestly, this is an improvement, but my Icon maker remains better (...)

You should not compare your progra, with anyone else's. I've seen a very similar version of your program on TI-Planet, someone already made a good icon maker here on Cemetech, and you just made one, and TLM is making one. If you really want to compare, we can add a poll asking which icon maker is best, but this isn't the place to do it.

Nice progress TLM! Any eye candy available?
***jcgter777 runs

I like all the current icon makers, but the one in the Cemetech archives sometimes errors, and makes me lose all my work.I like the auto-save feature! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours