I'm an 'older' person that works as a structural engineer and has for nearly 50 years. I've programmed in BASIC, C, C++, Asembly, Fortran, Delphi, Pascal, and Forth (like RPN). A couple of months back I picked up a TI NspireCX CAS calculator and am trying to program it. It's a challenge. I haven't done any serious programming is a decade or so... some of the source for some programs I've written exceed 1meg in disk space (some are quite big). Some of the larger math intensive programs have been written in BASIC and not C. At the time the BASIC compiler used the Fortran math library which was more highly optimised than the C math library and ran faster in BASIC than C. Also used to program at the hardware level.

My desktop is small, but, relatively fast... uses an ASUS Maximus 7 Impact (ITX form factor) motherboard with a 1080 graphics card and a Corsair liquid cooled processor... has an M.2 solid state drive and a 512 SSD with two 4G HDD's and 32G RAM. Monitor is ASUS PB287Q and keyboard is a Corsair K70 and mouse is Logitech G900. My son put the specs together for gaming, but, I'm not into gaming. I also have a couple of ASUS laptops.

I have few outside interests, spending most of my free time looking after my wife of 38 years; she has an undiagnosed neuromuscular illness.

Dik
Dik Coates wrote:
I'm an 'older' person that works as a structural engineer and has for nearly 50 years. I've programmed in BASIC, C, C++, Asembly, Fortran, Delphi, Pascal, and Forth (like RPN).

Wow. That's a lot of languages! Lets see, I know: Basic, Python, and uh, that's it. Razz
Cemetech is lucky to have someone with your experience, feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Dik Coates wrote:
My desktop is small, but, relatively fast... uses an ASUS Maximus 7 Impact (ITX form factor) motherboard with a 1080 graphics card and a Corsair liquid cooled processor... has an M.2 solid state drive and a 512 SSD with two 4G HDD's and 32G RAM. Monitor is ASUS PB287Q and keyboard is a Corsair K70 and mouse is Logitech G900.

I have a intel i5, integrated graphics, 8 GB RAM, 128gb SSD, 3K screen from Microsoft, a Surface Book keyboard from Microsoft, and a trackpad. Yes, that's my best computer. Laughing

Dik Coates wrote:
I have few outside interests, spending most of my free time looking after my wife of 38 years; she has an undiagnosed neuromuscular illness.

That's a real shame Sad
I did some quick research, I'm sure you've done more extensive research on this matter, but I found This possible treatment (It sounds more like a comfort though to me). Also a Clinical trial searching site. Just enter your country, state, and other terms and hit 'Search'. Of course you know more about her troubles than I do, I tried my best to be helpful. I hope she feels well. Smile

Dik Coates wrote:
Dik

Welcome to Cemetech! Very Happy
Thanks...
Welcome to Cemetech! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Also, that is a lot of languages. Kudos to you for knowing that much.

Also, what are you trying to code on the CX CAS? Make math programs? Make some games? Maybe something else? And are you doing it in Lua?

Don't hesitate to create a topic to ask questions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours