I'm trying to write a FEM program for the above calculator and am having great difficulty. It appears this calculator is incredibly powerful, except for programming. Two main problems I'm having is to draw a line from P1(x,y,z) to P2(x,y,z) as well as to create two and three dimensional arrays A(a,b,c). I can combine lists into a two dimensional array, but, that seems to be the extent.

Can anyone direct me to an article that allows me to create multi-dimensional arrays on this calculator. Any queries to TI respond with a reference to a TI manual and the answers, for the most part, are useless.

Another question is how to access a program or a function from within a program. I can access them from a blank math app, but cannot access them from within a program.

thanks, Dik
To your second question:
Ti basic developer wrote:
Programs are also considered variables, on the same level as any other: you can even define a program within another program. They imitate built-in commands, and can even be given parameters. Using the Local command, you can declare local variables that are reset to their old values once a program finishes running.

I'm sorry I couldn't find anything for the first question. The resource I used is reliable but very limited in it's documentation for the nspire. If you still would like have the resource it is here.
Treating it as a Function doesn't work. This generates an error.

Prgm
Local counter, i, j, jk

str_fill("A",20)

Disp "Joint Coordinates"
For i,1,dim(n)
Disp n[i], n_x[i], n_y[i], n_z[i]
EndFor

EndPrgm

Treating it as a variable doesn't work. This also generates an error.

Prgm
Local counter, i, j, jk
local str_fill()

str_fill("A",20)

Disp "Joint Coordinates"
For i,1,dim(n)
Disp n[i], n_x[i], n_y[i], n_z[i]
EndFor

EndPrgm

This is the little function that fills a space with 'numchars' of the string character 'strvar'... for example str_fill(“_”, 20) will draw a string of 20 underscore characters. I've tried it as a public library as well as a private one. It works from a blank math page, but not from a program...

Define LibPriv str_fill(strvar,numchars)=
Func
Local counter, strng
strng:=""

For counter,1,numchars
strng:=strng&strvar
EndFor
EndFunc

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours