These rules here will be used for each Cemetech Contest here. All will apply unless explicetly said. I will add as I come up with them and from there

1. In order to enter, person must be a member of the Cemetech website
2. Work must be original
-2a. Porting i allowed, but there must be differences in the original and port.
3. Entries shall be sent to contest@cemetech.net
4. Rivereye (I) and any other judges will not enter unless the judging will be done be a poll of all members.
5. At least one month will be given for contest duration. May be longer for larger contests.
6. All entries must be in a .zip format
7. Please do not submit TI-Groups (do not work in TiLP).
8. Contest will be in BASIC, sometimes will also have ASM.
If you have any suggestions, comments, let me know. Just post them here.
I am wondering, would porting a computer game to the calculator be against the rules? Because it still requires creativity to port it. Neutral
Harq wrote:
I am wondering, would porting a computer game to the calculator be against the rules? Because it still requires creativity to port it. Neutral

I don't see why it would be against the rules. It would still require alot of work to recode it in BASIC (or ASM)
Agreed. Porting of existing programs should be allowed, HOWEVER, to avoid legality issues, the program should either be substantially different from the original, or the author should obtain written permission to port.
ok, I can allow porting, but there must be differences in the two.
Exactly, as I said. Smile
Sooooo, can we start the contest!?!?!?!?!
WE can't. THEY can. Laughing

Edit: Yeah, that was kind of a bad joke there..... Neutral
Laughing Unofficially, I see no reason why you can't start thinking about your entries. Officially, though, Rivereye hasn't released the start and end dates yet.
How long do you think the contest will run for?
I am just guessing that he will give us something like 2 months. What do you think Confused .
That sounds good to me. I just need to think of an idea. I also need to finish up my tifreakware contest entry.
yeah, I will get some things together in the coming days and post it up.
Do board games count as strategy?
something1990 wrote:
Do board games count as strategy?

they did for the uti contest....
we need an official ruling on that, what do you guys think?
chess, risk, go? yes. Monopoly, chutes and ladders? no.
that is what I was thinking, we will go with that.
Monopoly has strategy to it.
elfprince13 wrote:
chess, risk, go? yes. Monopoly, chutes and ladders? no.

So in other words, only if its a strategic board game Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours