Would you use it?
Yes
 70%  [ 7 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

C(E)P/M is a (work in progress) CP/M emulator for the TI-84+ CE and TI-83 Premium CE. It aims to be %100 binary compatible with Digital Research CP/M.

Mockups
Blinking cursor prompt

Directory of files

That's all for now, more info coming soon!
This sounds like a really cool idea! How much of the project have you done so far? Be sure to keep us posted! Very Happy
TIny_Hacker wrote:
This sounds like a really cool idea! How much of the project have you done so far? Be sure to keep us posted! Very Happy

So far, I've got a Cesium icon and a black screen with some text. I'll try to keep updates posted.
I've often thought about CP/M - I think this is a great idea!
Is this really an emulator, or is it just going to be a simulator? Either way, looking forward to more updates, I'm really liking the recent popularity of terminal-based interfaces for the CE.
epsilon5 wrote:
Is this really an emulator, or is it just going to be a simulator? Either way, looking forward to more updates, I'm really liking the recent popularity of terminal-based interfaces for the CE.

I'm going to TRY to make it a full emulator, but since my C is pretty crappy, I might have to settle for a simulator.
Awesome project!

Questions:
If this will be an emulator, how will you handle running existing CP/M software?
(A disk drive emulator would be very cool.)

Would a simulator be able to launch CE programs, like a shell?

This is a really good idea, and I hope you see it to fruition. I’m really looking forward to running wordstar on my CE! Very Happy
KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
Awesome project!

Questions:
If this will be an emulator, how will you handle running existing CP/M software?
(A disk drive emulator would be very cool.)

Would a simulator be able to launch CE programs, like a shell?

This is a really good idea, and I hope you see it to fruition. I’m really looking forward to running wordstar on my CE! Very Happy

To run CP/M software, I'm going to do something like what calc84maniac did with TI-Boy CE and provide a disk image converter. Yes, a simulator would be able to launch CE programs.
Sorry for a long time without updates, I haven't been able to work on this very much due to other work (especially now because of school). I do plan on finishing this eventually, but I can't do much with it right now.
How's it going with the project. I see you had some mockups that looked very cool - just wondering if you'd had a chance to make progress?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours