Alright so here is the idea...

My submission will be a realistic stock market simulator. This will feature 15 or so stocks and allow you to buy them and sell them. I am currently working on it for my Nintendo 3DS via SmileBASIC. I plan to show this off via screenshots and possibly type the entire code. You can learn more about SmileBASIC here

Connection to Holiday:
The holidays of Black Friday, Black Monday, Black Thursday and Black Tuesday(see link here) are all related to the stock market. My simulation game is reflective of all of these holidays.
Progress Update:
The stock update in reason in 1-month intervals. You can now buy and sell stocks, and stats update every month. There are now 29 stocks available to buy or sell.

Currently, I am working on making a dynamic graph that makes its own scale based off of the last 5 months of data.
This sounds really cool! I'm only worried about how much this is related to a holiday, but it seems really cool, so that's good! (I just mean like "How would you make this program obviously related to holidays?")
Progress Update:
Stock market trading is active. You can buy and sell 29 different stocks WITHOUT BUGS AFFECTING IT. You can also see a color-coded chart with the last 5 months of changes in all of the stocks. Stats such as total worth and change in worth have been added to the home screen along with stats of average price and max/min change in price.

What I am going to do:
- Dynamic Graph with last 5 months of data.
- More Direct Link to Holidays (Stock Market Crash Simulation Addon)
- Saving and loading save.
Quick Progress Update:
- Added a custom stock view that only shows the stock you own and their change
- Added the Main Menu

Next Step:
- Saving and Loading (Have an idea, but also have school...)
If you can get screenshots, then try, If you don't, you don't have to, but you should try to get them to include with your submission. If not, your description might have to be more descriptive and flattering Razz. Sounds cool so far!
jcgter777 wrote:
If you can get screenshots, then try, If you don't, you don't have to, but you should try to get them to include with your submission. If not, your description might have to be more descriptive and flattering Razz. Sounds cool so far!

It's not that I cant, but it is difficult... I might be able to do it tonight.

Anyway,
Progress Update:
- Added Saving and Loading
The long awaited "eye candy":
I apologize for the terrible quality of the video
Unfortunately, I am uncertain if I can upload the source for my project by the deadline. More details to follow
UPDATES!!!!
- Added Custom "NOS" Intro
- Added Built In "Help" Menu
- Added Previous 5 Purchases Menu
- Added ProTrader "Live News" Menu
- Added Support for Loading and Saving Multiple Save Files
- Added Sound

Final Video I Hope To Post Tommorrow!!!
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
Unfortunately, I am uncertain if I can upload the source for my project by the deadline. More details to follow

I will be submitting after all!!!

This will (probably) be the submission video:
Just in case people following this thread did not know, I have begun porting this to CE. This is the progress thread!
Totally forgot to update this thread and the recent slew of updates by other members prompted me to do so.

I have released version 1.0 here for the 84+CE. This allows my game to (finally) be played oncalc.

Second, a new SmileBASIC update was released that allows me to take HD(ish) screenshots. Below are the screenshots of the 3DS program.

^ NOS Logo

^ Main Menu Screen (Top Screen)

^ All Stock View (Top Screen)

^ In Game Menu (Bottom Screen)

^ Last 5 Stock Purchases View (Top Screen)

^ Personal Stock View (Top Screen)

^ News View (Top Screen)

^ Historical View (Bottom Screen)

Last Edit I swear.

I apologize for the edits. I had to upload these photos from my 3DS using the built-in browser. The browser cannot keep multiple pages loaded at the same time. So whenever I would go to upload a new photo, the content written on this post would be deleted. So I had to keep editing this post. Sorry.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours