Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Lookie here! I created a thread for my contest program development! I don't know what I'm going to create yet, but will soon. Razz
Hello Again!

I've completed my land submission for CC20!
It is entitled "Headlights", a game in which you try to not hit the "deer in the headlights". Every time you pass 10 deer, you gain a point. Every time you hit a deer, the deer gets a point. It doesn't really have an end goal, but it's fun to see who can get the highest score!

After seeing dankcalculatorbro's submission for the first time, the two are very similar Razz . But you know what they say, Great Minds Think Alike! Very Happy

Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4noIH9Cwy0PNlZPWnFLNEVBU3c

And here's some images of the game:



looking pretty good! Very Happy I would recommend however, making the car change lanes smoothly. Also, I would make the deer move in from the top of the screen and move out of the bottom. That is, if ice (which I am guessing you are using) supports clipped sprites.
Switchblade wrote:
looking pretty good! Very Happy I would recommend however, making the car change lanes smoothly. Also, I would make the deer move in from the top of the screen and move out of the bottom. That is, if ice (which I am guessing you are using) supports clipped sprites.


The problem with sprites in ICE is that they can't be added to the clip, so I can't make them do that Sad.

Anyways, Headlights has been released into the Cemetech Archives Very Happy!

You can download it here:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/games/HeadlightsCE1.0CC20.zip

I hope you all enjoy it!
Hey Everybody,

I've been busily working on my CC:20 water entry for the past couple of days and have got a pretty good base established (It sorta works Razz). The game is called "Escape The Buoy" and is made in ICE. The goal will be to escape from a buoy you are stranded on using the resources you find.

Here's the Intro & Exposition:


Hopefully I can get this done by the deadline, fingers crossed Smile
OldNewTimer wrote:
Hey Everybody,

I've been busily working on my CC:20 water entry for the past couple of days and have got a pretty good base established (It sorta works Razz). The game is called "Escape The Buoy" and is made in ICE. The goal will be to escape from a buoy you are stranded on using the resources you find.

Here's the Intro & Exposition:


Hopefully I can get this done by the deadline, fingers crossed Smile

Oh, uh... I like, um... that... if you switch to Geico you could save a ton of money on car insurance! Because that is always the correct answer!


Razz

All jokes aside, this does actually look very promising! (based off what I can see in the gif) You have me a little worried, this may look too good. Very Happy

P.S. I think you should name the boat "Boaty-McBoatFace"
These are stunning graphics, well done!
I really like the story, too.

I recommend changing the buoy texture to look more like this (please excuse my crappy drawings, I'm on mobile so my best option is the photos app on my potato), as most buoys have a solid bottom and don't look, uhh, phallic


Sorry for huge photos, this is AFTER cropping...
I see what you mean, but i was trying to base it off of this buoy:

Sorry for the large image Razz

I'm doing this design because it has a solar panel (which is a major part of the game).

Edit:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
P.S. I think you should name the boat "Boaty-McBoatFace"

I tried to make a sea entry containing Boaty-McBoatFace, but it was too cringy and triggering to make, so it went to the never-to-be-released-ever-to-the-public archives (AKA Recycling Bin) Razz .
this looks awesome man
Hello!

Escape The Buoy has been accepted into the archives! If you don't know what it is, it's a game in which you try to escape a buoy with the items you find.

Download it Here:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/games/EscapeTheBuoyCE1.0CC20.zip

Here's an Image:


What I couldn't get done (Because of Procrastination)
-Adding more items/events to the game
-Save/Autosave feature
-Refined graphics
-Better cursor movements
-Optimization

Known Bugs
(I found these after the contest deadline)
-The X and Y coordinates of the cursor are still displayed (I need to delete them)
-The game does not show any information when using items on the hatch (You can still beat the game)


Anyways, that's all for now!

Enjoy! Smile
I'm going to Florida tomorrow for vacation! But before I go, I'll give you all an update on my air entry. I have just begun working on in and all I really have done is the graphics. The game is probably going to be something with Galaga-esc style, but I'm not sure yet.

Here's a screenshot of a plane flying over water:


That's all I got for now! Please let me know how I can improve the graphics at all! Very Happy

EDIT: After staring at the image for a while, I noticed it kind of looks like the water is moving! What an illusion!
OldNewTimer wrote:
I'm going to Florida tomorrow for vacation!

...


EDIT: After staring at the image for a while, I noticed it kind of looks like the water is moving! What an illusion!


1) yay me too
2) That's due to the bright colors being next to dark colors, which induces the illusion of "movement" in the brain (scientists don't really understand it, as far as I can tell), which makes it seem like it is moving. (I think)
I Have Returned! (A while ago but I was too lazy to post)

Introducing my Rushed-Code-Bug-Filled-Patched-Together-Excuse-For-A-Game program! It's called "The Plain Plane Game". It's unfinished right now, but I got it at pretty good start.

Here's a beautiful screenshot:

Some Random Guy That's Totally Real wrote:
WOW! Much Plane! BOOM!
Look at dem amazin graphics!


That's all for now! Hopefully I'll add enemies and obstacles soon! Smile
Looking good man!

dem graphics indeed Smile.
Very cool!
One question: is it shooting backwards pencils?
If I see you on Cemetech MC before you have finished this....
Just Joking

It is already looking better than mine, which I feel I've said a lot lately about your things.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Very cool!
One question: is it shooting backwards pencils?

Now that I look at it... yes. They were supposed to be missiles....

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
If I see you on Cemetech MC before you have finished this....
Just Joking
It is already looking better than mine, which I feel I've said a lot lately about your things.


From what I've seen of your programs, I feel that they have a much better system of scoring/objectives. Every decision you make effects the game's outcome, which makes it more fun and interesting. All of our games have their certain strengths and weaknesses. Smile

As for Cemetech MC... I will never get off Razz
OldNewTimer wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Very cool!
One question: is it shooting backwards pencils?

Now that I look at it... yes. They were supposed to be missiles....

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
If I see you on Cemetech MC before you have finished this....
Just Joking
It is already looking better than mine, which I feel I've said a lot lately about your things.


From what I've seen of your programs, I feel that they have a much better system of scoring/objectives. Every decision you make effects the game's outcome, which makes it more fun and interesting. All of our games have their certain strengths and weaknesses. Smile

As for Cemetech MC... I will never get off Razz


1) I'm laughing so hard.
2) Yes. I am not a huge fan of *most* action games because I feel like there are ways of cheesing them, and I'd much rather spend my time writing and playing games that require more than two brain cells.
I also feel like scoring systems and objectives keep a player going, even if it is a little grindy.

3) I'm on rn, and you aren't! (also, your BM shop and part of one of mine went kaboom because torches were absent. Stupid creepers!) (not your fault)
Here's a quick update:

I have started on enemy spawning and hit detection. The missile texture is also redesigned so it doesn't look like a pencil.

Here's a Screenshot:


Hit detection Sort of works
I also need to work on the enemy moving smoothly and not flickering

But hey! At least it's not like this anymore!


I felt like I was playing Guitar Hero Razz
Haha; love the second screenshot. Smile Keep up the good work! You could probably solve flickering by drawing to the offscreen buffer.

OldNewTimer wrote:
The missile texture is also redesigned so it doesn't look like a pencil.

Now it looks like a boat. Cool
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement