- Contest 20: Transit Time
- 24 Jun 2017 02:18:25 am Permalink
- Last edited by jonbush on 13 Aug 2017 01:24:01 pm; edited 6 times in total
Cemetech Contest #20, Transit Time is all about different modes of transport. The development of transportation technologies has facilitated modern life by enabling the spread of people, goods, and ideas. Computerization has further advanced transportation, improving safety, efficiency, and ease of operation, along with many other aspects. By encouraging Cemetech members to create programs centered around a multitude of transportation modes, Transit Time celebrates the positive impact that transportation has on our lives.
Transit Time will be divided into three two-week segments, each focusing on one of the three realms in which transportation commonly takes place (land, water, and air). For each segment of the contest, you must choose a mode of transport for that realm, and create a program that is somehow related to your choice. Additionally, contestants may choose to create an entry for the realm of space, in lieu of one of the three traditional realms.
At the end of each two-week period, contestants must submit their programs for the respective realm. The winning program for each realm will be selected by a poll of Cemetech users, with the creator receiving a $10 Steam credit. At the conclusion of the contest, an overall winner will be selected by a panel of judges. The overall winner will receive a (additional) $20 gift certificate. Entries for all platforms, and in any programming language will be accepted.
▪ June 24th: Contest begins
▪ July 8th: Land submissions due
▪ July 22nd: Water submissions due
▪ August 5th: Air submissions due
▪ Please maintain a contest thread documenting the progress of your entries.
▪ Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the dates listed above.
▪ You may receive help from other Cemetech members, provided that communication is done publicly through the forum or through SAX/IRC.
▪ Fine print rules can be found here.
EDIT: Winners can opt to receive a different gift card or item of equivalent value.
EDIT 2: Please submit your entry by emailing it to "contest" at this website's domain, and by uploading it to the Cemetech archives. Once your program has been accepted into the archives, please post a link to it in your contest thread.