When it comes to special days like this, I like to think spending time, both on a project for the designated person, and with the person them self, is much more important than just spending money on a simple card (Though the convenience of such an item also has its merits, for those who don't have the time or capability otherwise).

My previous two father's days (is that proper grammer?) I made some Dune2k styled animations - My Dad enjoyed that game, and had been playing it in short bouts. This year, however, he has been looking at sailboats quite a bit (sais it releives stress, when he gets stuck at home when we wants to work on, well, work). As such, in about a rather slow 3 hours, I managed to throw this together for him:

What do you all plan on doing for father's day? Anything creative?
I was going to give my dad a $100 Sears gift card.
Oh crap... I totally forgot until seeing this. Laughing
I'm probably just going to make my dad a card.
Nice Luxen! That animation looks pretty good!

I'm washing and waxing my dads car for fathers day. Smile
The animation doesn't work on mobile Sad

I would post what I'm doing on Father's Day, but my dad is probably monitoring my Cemetech account...

He's kinda paranoid about these things...
Caleb_J wrote:

I hope you don't live in Canada, because last Tuesday they hinted that Sears Canada might be on the verge of bankruptcy or might disappear entirely.
xlibman wrote:
Caleb_J wrote:

I hope you don't live in Canada, because last Tuesday they hinted that Sears Canada might be on the verge of bankruptcy or might disappear entirely.

Or in America.
The state of Sears is getting worse and worse here, too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours