How can I make a program edit another program?

edit by Alex: Moved this topic to a more appropriate location, also adjusted the title to be more descriptive.
You can only do that from within an assembly program Smile Welcome to Cemetech by the way! Very Happy
I think I remember doing something like that with the old DCS7 libs on the TI-83+. Fun times.
CalebHansberry wrote:
I think I remember doing something like that with the old DCS7 libs on the TI-83+. Fun times.

Yes, there are functions to edit programs (and much more!) in the Celtic libraries which are included in the Doors SDK. The documentation for those functions is available on this page.
Editing programs from within programs can be done with either hybrid libs or just full on assembly. Both the monochrome and color versions of Doors offer the necessary libs to edit programs in a pretty intuitive way. I can't remember the exact command numbers off the top of my head, but those are documented in the SDKs)
As for assembly, you can directly change the bytes you want in memory to get what you want, but I would advise against this method because it's a lot more work even for someone who knows asm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours