Hi guys,
So yesterday, i decided to download a new game to my laptop, and its format is .iso
I used multiple ways to play it, including using PowerISO to create a virtual drive and even double-click( I'm using win 10) and it worked. But after i played like 5 to 10 min. , it started to show the blue screen and restarted my laptop. And it happened everytime I play this games only. Oh, and the problem is displayed as "attempted switch from DPC"
Any ideas to fix this?
Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day
I am not familiar with any distributors which offer the ISO file for games. So, on that note I would like to remind everyone that discussing or facilitating in the act of piracy is against our forums TOS; the issue arises when we discuss "Where can I get Y," "How can I run Z" and, other scenarios. In this case it looks like you're trying to run something.

Without knowing the game or the distributor, I fall back to an assumption that this isn't legal. I mean, it's entirely possible a game developer is offering the ISO for their game it's just incredibly unusual and not a practice I've seen.

Leaving this unlocked for now.
Pirating games isn't cool, if that's what you are doing. Those websites have the potential to add on harmful viruses 'n stuff. So stay safe a buy the game. It supports the dev(s) and their work.
Bluescreens are almost invariably the result of a buggy driver, and I'd expect an ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC stop error to be one of those cases.

With a bit of work you can probably inspect a bluescreen minidump and determine what driver is responsible.
I found this for info on what an .iso file is and how to open/ create one. It seems that .iso files are mainly used for backups and archiving things. It is also an easy way to share (possibly illegal) copies of files.

Please please please let me be incorrect on my assumption that this may be a pirated game, if it is then please delete the game and buy it legally. You can get into a huge mess of trouble if caught. EDIT: Well I'm wrong, this is slightly embarrassing. Sad

If I am wrong, then sorry about that Smile , and could you provide more information? such as the type of game, and maybe some of your computer's specs? A possible fix could be updating (and possibly reinstalling) all your drivers and updating Windows 10 itself.
Can't find a root cause without even knowing the driver that caused the bugcheck. PowerISO seems pretty antiquated, but this could also be some "abandonware" game that came with ages-old DRM on installation. 5-10 minutes into the game also seems like a pretty solid window for a DRM to kick in. What is this game, anyway..?
Thanks guy, I kinda paid $9.99 for this so I hope it wasn't a pirated game.
Sad Sad
I'm sorry huykhang, I've just never used/ seen a .iso file before and it did seem a little suspicious. Sad

Anyways, what is this game? Where did you download it? (Steam, the game makers website, or some other place?) In what ways have you tried fixing/ diagnosing the problem?
An ISO is literally a disk image. Follow the advice of the link above from TheLastMillennial and burn it to a blank DVD or something. I assume you're not in the US, as buying an ISO image of a game in the US is literally unheard of (and the times at which you post). We would have benefitted from more information regarding the details of the ISO file and more.
  • The market place you purchased the game
  • The game you purchased

Have you looked into the link Tari provided about the blue screen error, ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. Is that 5-10 variable?
  • If you let the game sit on the main menu for 10 mins do you get a blue screen?
  • If you let the game sit in active game (inside a level) for 10 mins, do you get the blue screen?
  • Is it always when you get to a particular point in a level?

Ensure your drivers are up to date. Especially the drivers for the GPU. Does the game require Direct X12 or something? Check what version you're running, maybe you're on Direct X10. Are there any service updates for the OS? There's a lot of info and without knowing key parts we are limited in what we can help and diagnose.
IMDISK from here http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/ is much better and still supported over powerISO. However, what game are you trying to run. We still do not have enough information to really help you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours