Yeah, we would definitely room together and stuff.

BUT... since I am going to be able to enlist in the army much sooner than I thought, I don't know if i will be able to go... :'(
theprogrammingcube wrote:
I'd love to go. I really want this gCn shield made in a few weeks (I need to work on toner transfer).
Take the Vermonter down to NYC! It's quite comfortable and cheap.

CalcMeister wrote:
P.S. Where can I get one of those slick Cemetech collared shirts?
We got ours embroidered by a friend of Geekboy1011's. If we had enough orders for more, we could /probably/ make them. I still owe (Shaun? Tari?) his shirt.

We submitted our application for this year's Maker Faire, and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be as successful as we have been in previous years.
KermMartian wrote:
theprogrammingcube wrote:
I'd love to go. I really want this gCn shield made in a few weeks (I need to work on toner transfer).
Take the Vermonter down to NYC! It's quite comfortable and cheap.

CalcMeister wrote:
P.S. Where can I get one of those slick Cemetech collared shirts?
We got ours embroidered by a friend of Geekboy1011's. If we had enough orders for more, we could /probably/ make them. I still owe (Shaun? Tari?) his shirt.

We submitted our application for this year's Maker Faire, and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be as successful as we have been in previous years.
Cool! I'd totally buy one if you could get another. I also am almost certain I can attend if we get the booth. Hope to see you there, guys!
I'd love to go to MakerFaire, but I don't know if I can make it. If I can I'll be there.
Unicorn wrote:
Pieman7373 wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I want to go, but that's like over 1,800 miles from where I am. Sad
Hope you guys have fun! Smile

Well, it is more than 2,880 miles from me, 0x5

We comparin mileage?

how does 4899 miles sound to you guys?

So I realized I had no real excuse to not come so I tried to clear it with my parents. Due to stuff and things I wont be able to come this year, but probably next time! Very Happy
It's less than 600 mi for me, but I cannot come because I have a family reunion (groan) Sad
So, i got the green light from my family, and the army stuff isnt happening soon enough, so i can go!!!!!
Does anyone have recommendations for me and mr womp womp for cheap hotels or anything? (mostly directed towards the people who either live there or who have gone before)
I just bought my plane tickets, but we are still trying to figure out hotel stuff :3
Pieman7373 wrote:
So, i got the green light from my family, and the army stuff isnt happening soon enough, so i can go!!!!!
Does anyone have recommendations for me and mr womp womp for cheap hotels or anything? (mostly directed towards the people who either live there or who have gone before)
As a native New Yorker, the problem is that I've almost never tried to stay here. Since the Faire is out in Queens, if you look for accommodations in Queens or Brooklyn, you'll definitely find cheaper rates than if you tried to stay in Manhattan, and you can easily take the subway in to Manhattan for sightseeing as necessary. I'd also be happy to help with figuring out what you want to sightsee, by the way.
KermMartian wrote:
As a native New Yorker, the problem is that I've almost never tried to stay here. Since the Faire is out in Queens, if you look for accommodations in Queens or Brooklyn, you'll definitely find cheaper rates than if you tried to stay in Manhattan, and you can easily take the subway in to Manhattan for sightseeing as necessary. I'd also be happy to help with figuring out what you want to sightsee, by the way.

mr womp womp and i are mostly looking in Queens for accommodations (i think), so that is good. And i would love to go sightseeing but i dont know how much time i will have since i am getting to New York in the evening on Friday and leaving around midday on Monday... Thank you for the offer though Kerm, it is much appreciated Smile
Just visit the MTA museum.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Just visit the MTA museum.

I will consider this (and discuss it with mr womp womp) but it might be a bit far from where we are staying XD
I still have the SVG for the shirts floating around. If you can find an online retailer to make them for you I can send it over! KermM we need to get tari a shirt still I still have no idea what happened to it Sad
geekboy1011 wrote:
I still have the SVG for the shirts floating around. If you can find an online retailer to make them for you I can send it over! KermM we need to get tari a shirt still I still have no idea what happened to it Sad

Hooray! that would be awesome! maybe i'll start searching around for one such retailer Razz
TheLastMillennial wrote:

So I realized I had no real excuse to not come so I tried to clear it with my parents. Due to stuff and things I wont be able to come this year, but probably next time! Very Happy

Protip from experience: it will be the same next year Sad
So we're here...
Here is a picture of the combined calculators we brought...
Nice, I only got two TI 84 plus CEs (one red and one white) and a Ti-Nspire CX CAS. And btw the TI-Nspire and the red TI-84 plus CE was a reward for everyone who went to National MATHCOUNTS Smile.
Fire Marshall: "This room has reached the maximum amount of calculators that can fit in it safely."

Dang, that's a lot of calculators....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours