Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I plan on starting another Cemetech Contest after the STEMnauts contest has completed. If anybody has contest ideas, please post them in this thread. I can't guarantee that any one idea will be selected, but a good ol' brainstorming session is a good place to start.
Make a contest where you have to recreate a popular game on the app store. Like Piano Tiles, Candy Crush, Ext. That would be a fun contest.
^^ really good idea...
Something related to music, albeit without the audio...
Something related to machine learning.
Something related to 3D animation.
Rube Goldberg: TI-BASIC edition!!

Here's a killer: 3D pathfinding! (Ok, that's really bad)
3D pathfinding from hell! this time, with less tokens available Razz
mr womp womp wrote:
3D pathfinding from hell! this time, with less tokens available Razz

(Oh hell no)^3
How about a contest to make a card game?
Zixcoder wrote:
How about a contest to make a card game?

Actually, a contest to recreate a board game would be cool.
Is there a time limit for the contest? How long is it, usually?
Maybe a Cemetech themed game or something similar.
Zixcoder wrote:
Is there a time limit for the contest? How long is it, usually?
Depending on the type, anywhere from 3 months to 1 week, split up into multiple weekly deadlines. If that makes sense Razz
TheGeekyScientist wrote:
Zixcoder wrote:
How about a contest to make a card game?

Actually, a contest to recreate a board game would be cool.


Yeah! Or a mini game from a popular game. (*cough* Mario *cough*)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
TheGeekyScientist wrote:
Zixcoder wrote:
How about a contest to make a card game?

Actually, a contest to recreate a board game would be cool.


Yeah! Or a mini game from a popular game. (*cough* Mario *cough*)


Changes all of Mario's sprites and turns it into Sonic...
TheGeekyScientist wrote:
Actually, a contest to recreate a board game would be cool.


I like this idea, but it might make for a very difficult contest.
I tried to make monopoly once, and it was going well, but since TI-BASIC only supports single-letter variables, it got to the point where I had no idea what anything did and I couldn't finish it. If we were to do this, it would have to be a fairly simple game or in some other language.
I really enjoyed the contest which includes making a game/program every week, or almost every week, like #15 and #17, so I vote for that, even though a single large game/program would be fine as well Smile I also prefer games over algorithms, since I don't like algorithms Razz What about a nikky-like bot in BASIC, that responds cr*p to some input? Very Happy Or maybe a symbolic integral solver (i.e. sin(X) => -cos(X) without knowing X)
Kydapoot wrote:
TheGeekyScientist wrote:
Actually, a contest to recreate a board game would be cool.


I like this idea, but it might make for a very difficult contest.
I tried to make monopoly once, and it was going well, but since TI-BASIC only supports single-letter variables, it got to the point where I had no idea what anything did and I couldn't finish it. If we were to do this, it would have to be a fairly simple game or in some other language.


You don't have to use single-letter variables. I created Monopoly using numbers in a matrix to store the data. You just have to keep track what each spots do. Very Happy


How about a contest to create a text editor?
Zixcoder wrote:
Kydapoot wrote:
TheGeekyScientist wrote:
Actually, a contest to recreate a board game would be cool.


I like this idea, but it might make for a very difficult contest.
I tried to make monopoly once, and it was going well, but since TI-BASIC only supports single-letter variables, it got to the point where I had no idea what anything did and I couldn't finish it. If we were to do this, it would have to be a fairly simple game or in some other language.


You don't have to use single-letter variables. I created Monopoly using numbers in a matrix to store the data. You just have to keep track what each spots do. Very Happy


How about a contest to create a text editor?

I see 2 main issues with that:
    1) There is no real challenge, its pretty straightforward if we stick to the basics. (And its hard to put specific guidelines to regulate the complexity)
    2) We would end up with a bunch of text editors, which nobody really uses...
Some sort of simulator game Question

Goat Simulator?
Bus Simulator?
OS bug finding competition! Track down bugs from different areas and report them! Very Happy
Lol, that sounds fun, Mateo :
MateoConLechuga wrote:
OS bug finding competition! Track down bugs from different areas and report them! Very Happy

Well. That sounds like an interesting competition... Though how many people would want to participate... because we all know who the winner is going to be... cough* Mateo cough* cough*
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement