Is there a software that enables me to connect my TI 84 Plus CE on a Linux system?

I tried Wine and TI Connect CE on Ubuntu but I wasn't able to install the software at all (endless install loop).

I tried TILP2 (I think 1.18?) on Ubuntu but it didn't recognize my Plus CE (but did the 84 Plus).

Any ideas?
Quote:
Is there any software that enables me to connect my TI Plus CE on a Linux system?

Yes, TILP II and the set of underlying libraries is the only relevant software for this purpose Smile
So we'll have to find out why you're experiencing issues.

Quote:
I tried Wine and TI Connect CE on Ubuntu but I wasn't able to install the software at all (endless install loop).

Even if you managed to install TI-Connect CE under Wine, it wouldn't work for USB communication purposes anyway.

Quote:
I tried TILP2 (I think 1.18?) on Ubuntu but it didn't recognize my Plus CE (but did the 84 Plus).

That's unexpected, because I routinely communicate with my 83PCE (improved French version of the 84+CE, the communication code is the same) on my Linux computer.
The set of libraries underlying TILP II 1.17 does indeed not really support the TI-eZ80 series, but the versions corresponding to TILP II 1.18 definitely does.

Which version of Ubuntu are you using ?
Did you use the install_tilp.sh script ( https://ti-pla.net/tilpinst ) ? If so, did you also install libticonv, libtifiles2, libticables2, libticalcs2 and tilp2 packages from Ubuntu repositories (you shouldn't, they're outdated) ?
I have had much experience with this exact topic and my best advice is just keep trying to transfer files even if it error which it will a lot eventually it will transfer the files.
Hi Lionel, thanks for your help.

I have to admit I'm a Linux newbie and have no idea how to run the mentioned script (my friends installed TILP for me the first time).

The system that I plan to install TILP II on is Debian Stretch/testing (Ubuntu laptop died).
To run the linux script, simply download it and open a terminal in the location you downloaded and input this line:

Code:
chmod +x install_tilp.sh ; ./install_tilp.sh

Hope this helps! Smile
I'll add that for the script invocation to succeed, you'll have to install the build dependencies for a Debian-based distro listed by the script when it starts executing.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
To run the linux script, simply download it and open a terminal in the location you downloaded and input this line:

Code:
chmod +x install_tilp.sh ; ./install_tilp.sh

Hope this helps! Smile

Also works and doesn't need execute flag:

Code:
. install_tilp.sh

or

Code:
source install_tilp.sh

And if you want root, you do sudo -s and then do either of the two commands.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours