Hey Everyone,

So about a week ago, my CE began to act a bit strange. When I was compiling ICE programs, some parts of it would be corrupted, such as the title "Size up the Situation" being "Size up the Situa(Jon" in The Oregon Trail. I did a complete reset of my calculator and everything seemed to be OK. Then yesterday the same problem occurred. My calculator's RAM now sometimes resets whenever I turn it on and sending files often brings up communication errors. I have tried installing the latest OS but it hasn't done anything. I have also tested all my programs in CEMU and they work fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

OldNewTimer
Might be an ICE bug... Did you make sure to clear all archive when installing a new OS?
I reset it again and installed the new OS and the latest C Libraries. It seems to work currently. Crossing my fingers it stays that way.

-OldNewTimer
Could the problem have been fileioc's corruption bug? Was it corruption?
But ICE doesn't use the fileioc lib Wink I don't see how it could be an ICE bug, it doesn't do anything with communication things and whatever.
This is weird, my calculator also went through a period of instability. It was before I joined Cemetech so I don't remember what I installed that made it unstable. But after a while it kind of... fixed itself? I still have times when I turn my calculator on and it pop's up a bright white screen like it's crashing, but then it goes back to normal so I'm not sure what's going on.
EDIT: I'm pretty certain it's not ICE's fault since this was before ICE was even a thing.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
This is weird, my calculator also went through a period of instability. It was before I joined Cemetech so I don't remember what I installed that made it unstable. But after a while it kind of... fixed itself? I still have times when I turn my calculator on and it pop's up a bright white screen like it's crashing, but then it goes back to normal so I'm not sure what's going on.
EDIT: I'm pretty certain it's not ICE's fault since this was before ICE was even a thing.

Yes, this happened to me even before I knew assembly programs were a thing. I assumed it was an OS bug, but hmm...

Speaking of OS bugs, are there any intentions of fixing the 'Y' bug? (Where it gets set to zero after a ClrDraw, IIRC)
I didn't think that was a bug, more as something that resets the cursor after, say, someone uses the basic command "Input" with no arguments.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours