Hello! It's been a while since this news editor has written anything, and it's time to change that! Without further ado, let's jump right in to it!

First up, for the Casio Prizm, we'll be discussing Prizoop, a Gameboy/Gameboy color emulator. Developed by Cemetech newcomer tswilliamson, it claims to run approximately 95% of Gameboy games at 60 frames per second, with "safe" software overclocking enabled. Sound support, ROM compression, and auto frameskip are new additions in the latest update. The project is open source and the code is available on GitHub for anyone who wants to contribute or just view the code. Planned features include savestates, as well as performance and file footprint improvements.

Second, the long awaited CE port of the ever popular TI-83+ series gameboy emulator, TI-Boy, has been announced, although no downloads or source code are available at this time. TI-Boy CE, by long time community member calc84maniac, appears to be coming along nicely, with a 60 fps video showing off a working version of the program. Planned features include automatic colorization of supported Gameboy games, real time clock emulation, and a configuation saving feature.

As always on Cemetech, we do not recommend nor condone the usage of pirated ROMs. That said, if anyone has any Gameboy or Gameboy Color homebrew that they have written or would like to share, feel free to link it below, so long as the site hosting the homebrew does not host any sort of pirated material.

If you wrote some homebrew for the Gameboy or Gameboy Color, feel free to message me a screenshot or gif of it running on one of the featured emulators, or any emulator running on a calculator. You might be featured on a follow up article!

Thanks for reading! See you in the next article!

More Information / Downloads
Download Prizoop
More information regarding Prizoop
Prizoop on GitHub

More information regarding TI-Boy CE
Here is a pretty economical ROM backup tool for those who want to play their existing Game Boy games:

https://www.tindie.com/products/JRodrigo/cart-flasher-for-gameboy-/

This will also let you read SRAM (save data) that should be 100% compatible with Prizoop, with the exception of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal because of problems with the clock data.

Also, Prizoop has no outstanding features at this time, the forum post is a little out of date. I'm finished with it except for any bugs that may crop up and have moved on to emulating something else Smile
tswilliamson wrote:

Also, Prizoop has no outstanding features at this time, the forum post is a little out of date. I'm finished with it except for any bugs that may crop up and have moved on to emulating something else Smile

OOOH! What are you emulating now? Razz
NES, but I just started from scratch. It'll be a little while before I have anything to show at all.
tswilliamson wrote:
NES, but I just started from scratch. It'll be a little while before I have anything to show at all.

All right guys, place your bets.. by when will he have a playable version? Three weeks? Six? Might as well port the rest of MAME over, |o|.
Also gpSP nspire is worth mentioning (even though it's from a while back)
Perhaps this post should be updated in light of the recent release of Ti Boy CE. I only bring this up as this is linked to the front page.

Mateo: As do I
LAX18 wrote:
Perhaps this post should be updated in light of the recent release of Ti Boy CE. I only bring this up as this is linked to the front page.

I think a whole new news post is in order Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours